Senior Account Manager - Arts & Theatre
Reporting to: Managing Director - Target Live (within Havas Media)
Location: Target Live, HKX, 3 Pancras Square, London N1C 4AG
TARGET LIVE is an international full-service advertising, marketing and communications agency for the entertainment, arts, culture and leisure industries.
The company’s specialism spans theatre, dance, classical music and opera, literature, art, exhibitions, museums and attractions. Alongside comedy, games, films, travel and major contemporary music festivals and large-scale outdoor events.
Clients are drawn from across both the subsidised and commercial sectors in the UK, North & South America, Europe, Russia, Australasia and the Far East.
The Marketing and PR team work across a diverse range of productions varying in scale and challenges, delivering bespoke marketing campaigns that engage target audiences and position and promote the events to give our clients cut through in a competitive market place.
Purpose of the Role
- Work with the Managing Director on developing New Business
- Work towards integration with other teams especially with social media
- Ensure the PR profile of the Company is developed and enhanced
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Planning and implementing PR campaigns across all art forms
- Setting up and running Press Nights, PR events
- Attendance at weekly client meetings
- Ensuring daily distribution of relevant PR coverage to clients
- Production of detailed Post Campaign Reports
- Assisting with the preparation of New Business pitch documents and PR pitch presentations
- Undertake administrative tasks as required
This is a great opportunity for an individual who can thrive in a fast-paced work environment. We are looking for someone who is highly organised and an excellent communicator
- Worked with arts PR for at least 5 years
- We need someone who can multi-task and prioritise across multiple projects
- Has a wider interest in the Arts
- Excellent media contacts
- Proven ability to run large press events
- Be proactive, trustworthy and able to solve problems
- Able to present their work clearly and articulately
Please find below the key skills, experience and core behaviours required to undertake this post.
Technical Skills / Professional Qualifications / Relevant Education & Training
- Educated to at least ‘A’ level
- Proven experience as an Account Manager is desired
- Interest in Arts, theatre, and live entertainment
- Experience in Marketing, Media
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Able to show attention to detail and ability to schedule and prioritise across multiple
- Excellent working knowledge of all Microsoft Office, PowerPoint and excel programmes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous staff management experience is desirable
Other Relevant Information
- Office hours are Monday to Friday 09:30 to 18:00.
- Additional hours or work at evenings or weekends may be required
- Travel will be required at times
Planning and Organising
- Resourceful with time to ensure agreed deadlines are met
- Ability to manage meeting schedules to minimise absences away from HKX – external working is not encouraged
- Prioritise workload and tasks to suit business needs
- Professional, reliable and trustworthy
Analysis and Problem Solving
- Identifies the component parts (facts, characteristics, qualities, concepts, environment etc) that need to be considered in resolving a problem
- Applies common sense when required
- Learns from errors and introduces appropriate systems and processes for future prevention
- Quickly adapts to new techniques, processes, technology and ways of working
Communication and Influence
- Takes instruction from others and adopts appropriate course of action
- Conveys information accurately and concisely
- Encourages and supports the ideas/suggestions from others
- Respectful of colleagues and focuses on overall ambition
- Is personable and polite
Drive and Perseverance
- Pursues activities with energy and passion
- Takes pride in achievements and attention to detail
Summary of Terms and Conditions of Employment
This summary is given as a guide and is not intended to form part of an individual’s contract of employment
- Probationary Period
You will be employed initially on a three-month probationary period. Should either party wish to terminate the employment during this period, then one week’s notice will be required on either side, except for summary termination for gross misconduct.
- Notice Period
Three months by either party after satisfactory completion of probationary period.
The job is offered on a permanent basis.
- Hours of Work
Normal office hours are 37.5 hours per week excluding lunch breaks, Monday to Friday, inclusive but the post holder shall be expected to work the hours necessary to carry out the duties of the position.