Supervisor, Digital Investments
The Supervisor, Digital Investment is a key member of the Digital Investment team of experts responsible for delivering smart, innovative and performance driven Digital campaigns for its clients. They take the lead in identifying and selecting media partners that achieve identified strategic and tactical objectives as laid out by the Connections Planning and Comms Planning teams. They are the primary owners of the vendor relationships and are responsible for all negotiation and value creation with these vendors and for ensuring each plan is executed with excellence. They supply aggregated quantitative and qualitative information for group level reporting for rate and program negotiations. The team is expected to stay at the cutting edge of Digital innovation within the industry and educate the larger brand/client teams on relevant opportunities and challenges.
In order to fulfill these requirements, the Digital Investment team must collaborate seamlessly with other functional teams and specialties. This role reports to the Associate Director, Digital Investment and will support the larger Digital Investment team and manages the team of Associates, Buyers and Senior Buyers.
Plan Creation & Execution
- Oversee recommendation of site partners for direct contextually placed buys ensuring campaign objectives are met.
- Negotiate rates, value and terms with media partners that are in line with negotiation strategy set forth by VP, Digital Investment.
- Approve RFP to partners prior to submission.
- Drive evaluation process of vendor proposals for both qualitative and quantitative components.
- Partner with specialty teams to ensure cohesive, integrated Digital campaign recommendation.
- Lead supporting content for recommended partners and programs to the Connection Planning team for plan recommendation to client.
- Own client status report on behalf of Digital Investment team.
- Oversee junior team in ensuring campaign readiness to launch.
- Ensure campaigns are executed with excellence.
- Ensures plan stays within approved budget.
- Lead team in providing Connection Planning with insights driven plan reporting and optimization recommendations as input into regular reporting documents.
- Assist in reconciliation of discrepant billing issues and raise to senior staff when necessary.
- Oversee preparation of site by site trading history reports to support rate (media cost) negotiations.
Vendor Partnerships & Industry
- Oversee vendor connections including: sit-down meetings, phone calls, and webinars.
- Oversee creative kick off calls with any media partner if necessary for creative and/or brand teams.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and assist in knowledge sharing across the team and agency.
- Responsible for creation of POVs where necessary of new opportunities and/or vendor updates.
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching the junior Digital Investment team.
- 4-6 years of Digital Planning and Buying experience.
- Expert in Digital space inclusive of all site direct and all specialty fields.
- Great business sense and negotiating skills.
- Strong connections in the industry with the knowledge of knowing all the right people and places to go for the deal.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with others.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize for self and others.
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of budget restraints.
- Self-Starter/demonstrates initiative.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience utilizing tools such as AdServer, Prisma, Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, Google Analytics, other software as needed.