Buyer Digital Investments
In order to fulfil these requirements, the Digital Investment team must collaborate seamlessly with other functional teams and specialties. This role reports to the Senior Digital Investment Buyer and will support the larger Digital Investment team and manage the Digital Investment Associate.
Plan Creation & Execution
- Utilize internal and syndicated data sources to identify and recommend media vendors that deliver on client/campaign objectives for direct (contextually placed) site buys.
- Prepare index table to benchmark rates for new publishing partners.
- Lead the preparation and submission of RFPs (Request For Proposal) to prospective site partners.
- Participate in assessment of responses with team.
- Participate in negotiation for favorable rates, value and investment terms for direct site buys.
- Partner with specialty teams to ensure cohesive Digital campaign launch where necessary.
- Assist with providing supporting content for recommended partners and programs to the Connection Planning team for plan recommendation to client.
- Contribute to client status report on behalf of Digital Investment team.
- Ensure timelines are met to execute campaigns with excellence.
- Oversee creation of insertion orders through Prisma system; Drive updates as necessary with optimizations.
- Provide media plan and spec sheet to creative team and/or brand for trafficking.
- Partner with ad ops team to ensure go live readiness.
- Review draft billing for client invoicing and support any resolution of discrepant invoicing.
- Document all rate and added value detail by vendor for use in future negotiation.
- Partner with Analytics to review, analyze and optimize Digital plans to best performing partners and placements and provide back to Connection Planning for consolidated regular reporting back to client.
Vendor Partnerships & Industry
- Meet with vendor sales representatives to obtain information about their products.
- Lead set up of vendor connections including: sit-down meetings, phone calls, and webinars.
- Lead creative kick off calls with any media partner if necessary for creative and/or brand teams.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and assist in knowledge sharing across the team and agency.
- Provide support to Senior Buyer in creation of vendor and opportunity POVs
- Lead by example while developing, motivating and coaching the Digital Investment Associate.
- Strong understanding of the Digital space inclusive of all site direct and all specialty fields.
- Great business sense and negotiating skills.
- Strong connections in the industry with the knowledge of knowing all the right people and places to go for the deal.
- Experience in leading and collaborating with others.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize for self and others.
- Keen eye for detail and understanding of budget restraints.
- Self-Starter/demonstrates initiative.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, communication and decision making skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience utilizing tools such as AdServer, Prisma, Nielsen, @Plan, AdRelevance, Google Analytics, other software as needed.