Media Planner - Pharma
The Connections Planner is critically important and requires a blend of analytical and intuitive skills, marketing and consumer research experience, thoughtfulness and effective communication skills. Connections Planners participate in the development and management of effective cross channel media plans with inputs from Client Leadership and Strategic Communications Planning.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the client’s business and the consumer journey.
- Working with Managers, assist in fulfilling the media plan strategy and achieving cross channel plan goals with inputs from Client Leadership and Strategic Communications Planning (media mix, delivery goals, flighting, daypart, etc.).
- Assist in determining the optimal strategic approach cross channel and within channel (Digital, Print, Video, Audio, Specialty).
- Support and assist Managers in the development and writing of client facing cross channel plan recommendation including plan presentations with accompanying flowchart and budgets.
- Master the use of general and media industry tools and systems.
- Create briefs for internal Investment Teams and work with investment teams to create media partner RFPs inputs.
- Maintain collaborative, productive working relationship with Investment Teams and Havas Affiliates to ensure media strategies are being delivered and brand goals/client needs are being met.
- Create, own and maintain flowcharts, buying guidelines, budget summaries and plan deliveries.
- Provide research and analysis to assist with various issues that arise in the execution of the tactical plan.
- Ensure quality control by reviewing/confirming accuracy of all forms generated by Connections Planner Associate for purposes of authorizing or activating media plan recommendation.
- Stay apprised of industry standards, new media programs/opportunities and can advise on new ways to reach targets.
- Mentor and support junior team members.
- 1-2.5 years of professional experience, preferably with an Agency.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for frequent contact with internal teams and the assisting of POV’s, plan presentations, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking and analysis in business writing.
- Strong analytical skills, ability to relate results to client business objectives.
- Solid quantitative understanding of media planning and buying.
- Possess a basic knowledge of strengths and weaknesses of each media type.
- Extremely detail oriented with strong organization skills.
- Working knowledge and practical application of media research tools (IMS, MRI, Nielsen, ComScore, Simmons, etc.) with the ability to analyze syndicated research.
- Effective time management skills with an ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Able to make independent decisions.