Account Manager PPC - Pernod, Parcelforce, Amanda Wakeley
Reporting To: Paid Performance Director
About Havas Media Group:
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
Ecselis is the specialist digital media performance division of Havas Media Group, with over 350 specialists across 38 markets. We are responsible for managing UK and International paid search, SEO, acquisition and performance display advertising for 50+ unique clients, each with often complex and individual requirements. Offering extensive expertise and rich actionable insight, we help brands understand and navigate the complex performance marketing world, delivering simplicity across owned, earned, shared and paid performance channels. As an integrated and agile unit, Ecselis provides multi-channel solutions and flexible bespoke models to drive business level performance. What makes us stand out is our ability to offer the agility of a specialist agency powered by the strength of a major media group, bringing together media, technology, creative and data.
Visit our global website
The Paid Performance Manager is responsible for the team and paid performance output to clients, including analysis, strategy, campaign implementation, optimisation, delivery and evaluation across paid search, affiliate and lead generation campaigns. As an experienced search marketer, you will be required to oversee the day to day operations to ensure the effective running of and performance of campaigns. You will be a senior point of contact for clients providing the strategic direction and operational guidance needed to drive performance improvements for their business.
- Developing a rich understanding of your clients’ audience and the consumer journey for their vertical, always striving to deliver richer insight to clients
- Being responsible and accountable for the creation and management of paid search, affiliate and lead generation campaigns to effectively deliver client objectives and targets
- Developing and planning holistic paid performance strategies largely independently
- Presenting campaign & business strategy to clients as well as regularly reporting on key performance milestones
- Completing and managing the forecasts/ plans of monthly paid search, affiliate and lead generation budgets in line with client objectives & targets
- Ensuring best practice set up and development across all paid performance campaigns
- Overseeing, directing and/or executing the optimisation of campaigns, both manual and automated, utilising the full breadth off tools and technologies at your disposal (bid management tools, affiliate networks, scripts, etc.)
- Helping to drive innovation and creative solutions for clients, ensuring media firsts and beta participation where possible
- Being the main point of contact for clients and interpreting and communicating performance strategy or campaign data as and when required
- Ensuring timely delivery of all team reporting and analysis outputs
- Overseeing accurate and timely finance administration
- Having a clear understanding of the profitability of your client portfolio and managing this with your director
- Identifying and progressing commercial opportunities for your clients
- Managing direct reports to effectively implement, optimise and evaluate campaigns
- Managing personal development plans for all direct reports setting SMART objectives
- Developing knowledge and expertise, as well as improving soft skills of direct reports
- Providing regular support and advice through one to ones to help progress direct reports
- Reflecting the agency ambition and vision in all work, and leading and inspiring the team to follow high standards
- Working alongside other online and offline account teams to deliver an integrated digital marketing solution
- Taking part in some new business pitches for paid performance
- Taking part in recruitment for paid performance from time to time
Who we’re looking for:
Proven experience of paid search working in a fast-paced agency environment with enterprise level clients
Google AdWords qualified
An strong understanding of and experience with analytics platforms
An strong understanding of and experience with bid management platforms
Experience of utilising a variety of competitor tools e.g. Google Trends, Hitwise, Adgooroo, Adthena etc.
The ability to translate complex performance marketing strategies and lingo into simple explanations and propositions for clients
A self-starter who will proactively seek out opportunities and strive for betterment of self, product and proposition
Strong organisation and project management capabilities
Strong attention to detail
Exceptional communication skills with the ability to deliver confident and structured presentations
Passion for and wide understanding of all aspects of digital media
Good numeracy skills with strong knowledge/ experience of MS Excel
Management experience is essential
Ability to work under pressure
A high energy, positive, can-do person who is always looking for ways to improve what we do
Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable
Someone with a strong voice and positive attitude who will help build a passionate culture in our team.