Account Executive Cross Media Entry Level - Toys & Games
Account Executive – Toys & Games
Reporting To: Account Manager
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies. HMG UK & Ireland today employs over 900 people and is made up of five leading media brands; Havas Media, Arena Media, Fullsix, LuxHub and Target Media, PR & experiential agency HSE Cake and specialist brands, Socialyse, Mobext and Ecselis.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
About Azure Media:
Azure Media is an award-winning toys and games specialist media planning and buying division of Havas Media UK. Originally set up by the Managing Director Jeff Taylor 16 years ago as a toys and games division of independent agency BLM (acquired by Havas 7 years ago), we now represent over 20 toy clients in the UK and account for c.20% of all toys and games advertising spend across AV and digital media. We operate as a standalone specialist division within Havas and have both planning and activation capabilities integrated into one specialist team of 8.
Azure Media has seen growth of over 18% in the past 2 years and the team head count is anticipated to rise by the end of this year. Azure represent clients across the UK toys & games sector and no one clients business or their requirements are the same. Due to the innovative and competitive nature of the toy sector, there are always new challenges to keep us busy coupled with the constant evolution of kids and parent’s media consumption, we never stand still for long! This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wants to start their media agency career in a fast paced and dynamic category.
The Azure team within Havas Media is divided into Planning/Account Management team and AV Activation team. This role reports into the account manager. The planning team work closely with the AV team to implement campaigns which requires both sides of the division to be seated together. By working as one integrated team this enables us to react fast and be flexible according to client and media market demands.
In a typical day, you might be helping work on a client brief from a first-time advertiser, the next day you could be working on a £2m pitch or presenting this year’s media plans to a client. This role really is a ‘one off’ opportunity within the media planning industry with plenty of scope for growth.
The Azure Media team are passionate, fun and committed to our clients business and our employee retention is amongst the highest in Havas. Job roles in this division do not come along regularly. We operate within a highly competitive but unique business sector where there’s constant market and media evolution. In order to grow in this role you must be inquisitive, be prepared to work flexibly, be proactive, be personable to build productive relationships both internally and with clients, take the initiative, be a self-starter, work efficiently and really commit yourself to the toy sector to become a valued ‘specialist’ for our clients. If this sounds like the job for you, please apply! It’s a fun, vibrant and social industry – you get back what you put in.
Example of some of Azure Media’s clients; Character Options, LeapFrog, Golden Bear, IMC Toys, Re:creation, Hornby Hobbies, Mookie, Worlds Apart, Interplay, Rubies Masquerade
- Provide support to the team including, billing and campaign reconciliations, accurate reporting, competitive insight/analysis, regional analysis, media owner support etc.
- Begin to understand the broader media marketplace, past, current and future
- Build your knowledge of toy industry
- Develop your presentational skills
- Develop your client service skills
- Learn to plan our clients’ advertising campaign strategies across media
The Type of Character We Are Looking For:
Entrepreneurial, Imaginative, Restless, Personable
- A high energy, positive, can-do person who is never satisfied, and always looking for ways to improve what we do
- Someone who fully understands and will be passionate about Azure
- Someone who can make things happen and likes to be accountable, with a fastidious attention to detail
- A clear communicator who keeps the use of jargon to a minimum
- Someone to act as an ambassador for the agency, inspiring others and demonstrating agency values
- Show passion for media
- A team player
- Enthusiastic, amenable and outgoing: a self-starter
- Presentable appearance and professional demeanour
- Good numerical skills, people skills and show common sense
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong communication skills and organisational skills
- Be analytical and inquisitive. Be restless in ‘pulling apart’ data to find leading insights
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Good knowledge of basic Microsoft programmes: PowerPoint, Excel, Word would be helpful, but training can be offer