Local Investments Assistant Buyer
Havas Media is one of the leading global communications and marketing firms.
Our mission is to unite brands and people through meaningful connections and drive business success. We service clients through a portfolio of specialist teams that span media, strategy, international management, digital, mobile, social media, experiential, entertainment and sport. Our simplified and integrated structure has allowed us to build one of the most integrated, agile and responsive global teams in the industry.
Assistant Media Buyer
Within Havas Media, Assistant Buyers purchase media space and time for advertisements. You are responsible for assisting buyers with the ordering, maintenance and billing of media buys. You need to acquire working knowledge of Nielsen and Arbitron rating services, and Mediaocean (formerly Donovan) media software to better assist Buyers and to further your career growth. To be most successful at Havas Media, you must be organized, motivated, able to prioritize and multi-task, and be exceptionally detail oriented. Reports to Broadcast Buyer on a daily basis; and is accountable to Media Supervisors on specific accounts, and to the Group Media Director/ Broadcast. The Assistant Media Buyer supports smaller and lower profile markets than do the Media Buyer and the Senior Media Buyer.
– Assists in the negotiation and purchase of television, radio, and print media for all accounts within an assigned group of markets
– Estimates, updates and adjusts all broadcast ratings per demographic, per quarter
– Assists in the negotiation of rates, special placement and added value by medium for all markets
– Documents all negotiations, make goods and credits
– Supports the execution of media plans in the assigned group of markets within established budgets; assists in the buying of media space and/ or air time
– Supports the design of optimum buys in terms of cost efficiency, goals delivery and vendor agreements
– Meets with media representatives and accesses media database to research available options for media placement
– Maintains all media buys and is responsible for the post-buy results of all buys
– Monitors buys in progress by spot checking placement and negotiating credit or billing adjustments when necessary
– Tracks media expenditures to ensure agency and client budget compliance
– Collaborates with clients and media control team members and planners to resolve billing issues
– 0-3 years of Media Buying Assistant experience; preference for media or advertising agency exposure
– Undergraduate degree; relevant courses or field of study preferred
– Internship or fieldwork in advertising demonstrating creative work or qualitative research and/ or equivalent combination of education and experience required
– Proficiency with MS Office and basic personal computer skills
– Excellent organizational, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with strong attention to detail required
– Willingness to take on projects and work on them independently with direction from Buyers
– A people person; able to work with a variety of personality types both in internal and external
– Be ready to participate when there are brainstorming meetings relative to your clients.
– Look for opportunities to add new ideas to media projects to make ordinary information more vibrant and exciting
– Helps network team merchandise network media to client and other departments (sharing news such as unit rotation, spectacular rating deliveries, etc.)
– Must acquire a working knowledge of all research tools and rating services to better assist the Buyers
– You must display an understanding of how to execute an effective and relevant buy. One based on product, creative and media objectives
– Exhibit the ability to work independently; take initiative and be proactive
– Ethics and values consistent with Havas Media’s high standards