Paid Performance Director
Reporting To: Head of Paid Search
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, founded in 1835 by Charles Louis Havas, the founder of the first ever press agency. Havas Group operates in over 100 countries, employing over 20,000 people, all of whom share the vision to be the world’s best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands through creativity, media and innovation. Over the last three years, Havas has achieved substantial revenue growth of 23.5%.
There are two major divisions within Havas Group: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the global media agencies.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with Data, Content & Entertainment at our core. We build everything around our clients’ needs to drive business success with one vision, one voice and one P&L.
Our agencies unite insights, creation, partnerships and production with planning, distribution and analytic skills to deliver one holistic solution for clients. We provide a full range of integrated tools and services across multiple platforms, with a Group model that enables us to bring together a network of specialists across practice areas.
It’s an exciting time for Havas Group in the UK, we moved to our new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross in early 2017. This sees all UK Havas agencies come together under one roof, with one common purpose to further our #HavasTogether mantra, bringing media and creative together to provide truly client centric solutions for brands seeking to make meaningful connections with their customers.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Search Marketing specialist with extensive search management and client facing skills to lead a portfolio of our key accounts within Havas’s digital performance team, Ecselis.
The principal elements of the role will be to lead a team of 6 paid search specialists and deliver performance according to client requirements and targets. Be responsible for search product/ service delivery and be the senior client contact for a roster of top tier accounts. Support the Head of Paid Search in the development of Search Marketing strategy for the key accounts, driving growth and maximising our clients’ business performance in search and ultimately responsible for team operations and team output.
Campaign Planning, Management & Optimisation
- Management of direct reports to effectively manage and optimise campaigns to deliver against client objectives and paid search targets.
- Ensure best practice set up and ongoing management of campaigns.
- Oversee optimisation of campaigns through utilisation of bid management tools to deliver on-going paid search performance.
- Complete and manage the forecast/ plan of monthly paid search budgets in-line with client objectives and targets.
- Assist the managers with development and planning of search marketing strategy.
- Work closely with other Havas teams to enhance cross-channel integration and ensure consistent targets approach for clients.
- Independently manage personal development plans for all direct reports, ensuring SMART objectives are set.
- Develop search knowledge, tech knowledge and skill set of all direct reports.
- Drive the strategic development of Ecselis paid performance capabilities including qualifications, training and building expertise.
- Provide regular support and advice to help progress direct reports.
- Provide clear and defined roles and responsibilities for each position in your team.
- Ultimately responsible for all team operations.
Client Strategy, Reporting & Planning
- Develop, maintain and grow strong relationships with relevant senior clients through leading development plans, data strategy, reporting, and always-on performance management.
- Interpret performance reporting data for clients on a regular/ ad-hoc basis.
- Senior client facing role on presenting campaign strategy and overall business strategy as well as reporting key performance milestones to date
- Work alongside Havas Media and Arena Media teams to ensure paid performance channels deliver integrated solutions, which place innovation and best practice at the heart of all recommendations
- Act as a senior escalation point for Havas Media and Arena Media paid performance issues in your team.
- In coordination with the Head of Paid Search, identify opportunities for organic growth across your client portfolio.
- Overseeing accurate and timely finance administration and budgeting.
- Have a clear understanding of profitability for your client portfolio.
Taking business forward
- Help to drive innovation and creative search solutions for clients.
- Identify and progress commercial opportunities for your clients.
- Create first-class case studies to represent Ecselis’s best activation work, entering (and winning!) awards.
- Ensure media firsts and beta participation for clients and work alongside other online and offline account teams to deliver an integrated digital marketing solution.
- Reflect the agency ambition and vision in all work, and lead and inspire the team to follow high standards.
- Lead new business pitches for paid search.
- Take a lead role in recruitment for the paid search team.
- Deliver improvements in paid search operations, client delivery or paid search product across the wider paid search team.
- Drive paid performance product & service development for the business and take an active role in collaboratively driving overall product development.
- 4-5 years+ experience within a Paid Search remit, at a strategic level, ideally within an agency environment.
- Management experience is essential.
- Graduated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge/experience of paid search implementation and strategy.
- Must be able to communicate well, interpret search marketing to clients and manage client expectations.
- Excellent knowledge of industry tools and latest technologies.
- Good numeracy skills with strong knowledge/ experience of MS Excel.
- Passion for, and a wide understanding of, all aspects of digital media.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritise work load across your team.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Thorough attention to detail.