Director, Business Development
You’re innately curious, professionally successful & confident yet humble, highly competitive, and get energy from making new meaningful business relationships.
We are a highly integrated, innovative, and disruptive force focused on our mission of being the most meaningful partner to the modern CMO and we’re currently looking for a Director, Business Development to drive awareness and industry leading growth in Chicago.
You will report directly to the Chief Growth Officer and be part of a fun, inclusive team working to drive meaningful and sustainable growth for the agency. We are looking for a highly motivated, savvy, consultative sales professional that is looking to grow with our agency.
- Origination: Leverage the strength of your professional network and ours as well as partner with the corporate marketing team to generate new business opportunities.
- Qualification: Diligently qualify opportunities to ensure mutual fit.
- Value Alignment: Actively coach and manage an interdisciplinary team to ensure our business stories and proposals are compelling, persuasive, and highly aligned with prospective clients’ belief systems.
- Negotation & Close: Manage the process from ‘verbal’ to ‘client kickoff’ in partnership with Executive Leadership and Account Leadership.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Internalize our GTM messages and effectively communicate them to senior marketing executives, analysts/press, search consultants, and other industry influencers.
- Work with the Chief Growth Officer and respective Business Unit Presidents/Managing Directors to identify target industry verticals and develop and execute a pursuit strategy and action plan.
- Deep understanding of the agency’s broad capabilities and the people that power them.
- Ability to succinctly translate prospective client opportunities into a POV on the winning story and required cast.
- Complete RFI and RFP submissions in a thorough and compelling fashion with support from the New Business Account Executive as well as extended team members when appropriate.
- Manage interdisciplinary teams through full pitch process.
- Research upcoming industry conferences and events, speaking opportunities, etc. in collaboration with Growth Team.
- Attend external networking events that can have a meaningful impact on net new business, particularly events hosted or sponsored by Havas.
- Fosters a collaborative environment and exhibits a willingness to help other team members.
- Work with CGO and Growth Team to ensure all new business materials are current.
- Act as lead on incoming new business lead calls to qualify potential opportunities.
- Maintains an accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline document.
- Has extensive knowledge of agency case studies (local, regional, and global) and can adapt case studies in order to meet specific new business needs to create a tailored fit.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience professional experience working at an agency or consulting firm, at least 5 years’ in a new business role.
- Successfully closed multi-million dollar deals via a highly competitive and structured process as well as by circumventing (or effectively circumventing) the typical formal procurement process.
- Strong relationship building skills and a passion for leading teams.
- A compelling, confident personality with a passion for marketing.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-motivated; able to work independently with an understanding of when to escalate issues
- Outstanding organizational and execution skills, attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Robust network of existing client relationships.
- Proficiency in core sales competencies: accountability for results, client focus, team effectiveness, sales drive, organizational sophistication and influencing others.
About Havas Chicago
Havas Chicago is an agency committed to reinvigorating iconic American brands through cultural relevance. We bring an unmatched understanding of Millennials' mindsets and behaviors, and a passion for embracing the emerging trends shaping business and pop culture. Part of Havas Worldwide (Euronext Paris SA: HAV.PA), a leading integrated marketing communications agency and the first to be named Global Agency of the Year by both Advertising Age and Campaign in the same year, we fuse an independent spirit with global scale, and are united by a shared mission to be the world's best company at creating meaningful connections between people and brands through creativity, media and innovation.