Buyer, Audio Investments
The Investment Buyer is responsible for the negotiation and placement of all local Audio and Video investments for existing and new clients, in addition to making targeted, or opportunistic recommendations to the client or account management teams.
Investment buyers must be able to manage an assigned list of 10-15 local DMA’s & MSA’s for a variety of clients, at the same time. This includes negotiating added value and promotions based on client specifications.
Investment Buyers must keep up to date on the media landscape and marketplace understanding nuances and trends and be able to provide an analysis as needed.
- Negotiates and places local audio and video for accounts within an assigned group of markets.
- Estimates, updates and optimizes all audio and video ratings.
- Negotiates special placements, promotions and added value.
- Executes all media plans while adhering to established budgets and timelines.
- Clearly and accurately communicates orders and revisions to media vendors.
- Monitors buys in progress, arranges for credits and is responsible for the post-buy results for their markets.
- Tracks media expenditures in Mediaocean to ensure budget compliance.
- Researches and maintains record of trends, innovations and changes that affect media landscape.
- Collaborates with media team members and planners to resolve media billing issues.
- Acts as liaison between media vendors and the agency.
- Attends media presentations and/or industry functions to keep current with industry changes.
- Provides market analysis and other reports, as requested.
- Mentor and support junior team members.
- 2-3 years of media buying experience as a junior or assistant buyer at a media agency.
- Demonstrate strong negotiating capability, excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, problem solving, and, decision-making skills.
- Strong computer skills including media research and purchasing tools and proficiency with MS Office.
- Ability to manage simultaneous tasks in a fast-paced technology-oriented environment.
- Undergraduate degree from an accredited college or university.