AV Account Manager (Ents)
Reporting To: Head of Video
Havas is one of the world’s largest global communications groups, operating in over 100 countries. The Group is made up of two major divisions: Havas Creative Group (the creative agencies) and Havas Media Group (HMG), the media agencies.
Our ambition is to be the UK’s most integrated, agile media and marketing services group with data, content and entertainment at our core. It’s an exciting time for the business, with our recent move to the new ‘Havas Village’ in King’s Cross, where all UK agencies sit under one roof and share one common purpose; to bring media and creative closer together for the benefit of our clients.
This is an exciting manager level position within our video team, responsible for the day to day running of key entertainment brands across Audio Visual media
- Demonstrate a passion for entertainment, plus pride and professionalism to delight your clients
- Develop trusted client and client team relationships across your portfolio of labels across Universal Music UK
- Ensure accurate delivery of campaign(s) to brief, take ownership of management of any variance from plan and deliver required pricing and quality on a client by client basis
- Take time to interrogate and understand the ‘whys’ of any campaign delivery variance, e.g. marketplace inflation, updating costs, programme conversions etc. Instil this behaviour to your direct reports and support team in best practice
- Communicate airtime delivery with AD at Monday status with a clear explanation of delivery position, the ‘whys’ and an action plan to resolve. Take responsibility to flag issues in good time and show evidence of your endeavour to fix in the first instance
- Ensure absolute visibility and control over campaigns bought by Account Executives reporting into you, e.g. via daily ‘to do’ list and catch-ups
- Educate Account Executives as to the appropriate way to conduct business and Video best practice, e.g. how to construct a turnaround, how to select PYOs, how to reconcile a campaign, how to compose spot times
- Ensure you and direct reports adhere to all team process (e.g. Monday status, coordinator meetings, buyer meeting roles)
- Demonstrate a ‘one team’ approach to working both vertically with client teams and horizontally across buying teams to deliver the most meaningful solution for the client
- Continually upskill across the Video portfolio by working with internal specialists and engaging with Media Owners to expertly plan, book and track Video for your clients
- Present to clients with passion and competence across the entire Video offering (TV, Video, Cinema, Sponsorship); lean on AD / Video Leads to support and fresh eyes so that we ensure highest level of quality control and expertise in all our client comms
- Strive for innovation, media firsts, case studies and work to be proud of across the breadth of the Video solution; lead by example and ask for AD support and guidance to drive the right solutions over the line
- Ensure that you are clear on the pricing and quality requirements of your clients.
- Ensure MMS+ bookings, time-sheets, approval trackers, reconciliations and any other core deliverables are completed accurately and within agreed time frame. Take ownership for your direct reports adherence to Video process and police timelines, attention to detail and accuracy of output
- Flag any significant issues (over & under-deliveries) up the line and at weekly Monday status and manage with support and guidance from your AD
- Support on Audit response across your client portfolio with the guidance of your AD. Understand delivery expectations for your audited base in line with PRF agreement / client requirements and all the key deliverables
- Ensure that you and your direct reports communicate any workload pressures / unreasonable deadlines so that they can be managed. Support when ‘push back’ is required for AEs and maintain best practice – do not miss deadlines
- Always involve relevant trading Head or your AD for guidance before planning and negotiating activity and ensure all approval and deal trackers are filled in accurately and to deadline
- Take ownership for your co-ordination role, manage all key process and deadlines and accurately feed value positions and tracking into weekly co-ord meeting
- Act as a champion for your co-ordination role; be the vanguard for comms to Planning / rest of the Video team to ensure we know about all opportunities in the market and continually strive to act as a future-facing team
- Understand and demonstrate our key HMG behaviours; Entrepreneurial, Collaborative, Accountable, Committed, Innovative, Generous
- Understand company objectives and direction of travel
- Diligently conduct reviews and personal objective (PO) setting for direct reports
- Monitor and manage workload and happiness across your team. Flag and act upon any concerns
- Actively contribute your time and knowledge to the current L&D training programme for Video. Help to ensure excellence, education and ‘best practice’ across our discipline at a team and agency level
- Collaborate with client teams and HMG specialists to drive innovation and value
- Show that you care and take pride in what you do ; vocalise and communicate examples of great work within your portfolio (Buyers meeting, AD meeting, Jostle, Case Studies, Award entries) and be an active participant in team initiatives (Buyers Meeting, Maths Test, Programme Quiz)
- Be an ambassador for Havas Media Group at all times, e.g. industry events, hospitality, training etc.
Who we’re looking for:
- The ideal candidate will come from a UK media agency with AV buying background
- Strong implementational AV planning ability
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Well organised and numerical
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Tenacious and driven to achieve the best result
- An understanding of the role of AV within the wider communications mix, and how each is approached, traded, and evaluated
- Experience on audited clients/business
- Have an abundance of client facing experience and skills.
- Ambitious, fun with a ‘work hard, play hard’ attitude.