Front Desk Associate
The Front Desk Associate is a part-time role that will perform a wide range of tasks to support the Center for Career Equity, Development & Success. Focusing primarily on providing strong customer service support to students, employers, and other guests, this position will also support the student career development and programmatic goals of the Center through project work and event coordination. Duties and responsibilities include clerical work and oversight of the Center’s reception desk, setting appointments for career advisors, monitoring access to the Center’s office and programming space after hours, and working with both internal and external vendors.
The Front Desk Associate will report to the Associate Director of Operations and serve as a vital part of the Operations Team. The Operations strand is part of Suffolk University’s Center for Career Equity, Development & Success, which includes three other strands focused on Career Equity & Access, Career Education and Career Communities.
- Serve as front reception and point-person to facilitate afternoon and after-hours access to the Center for students, employers, faculty, staff, alumni, and guests from 3pm – 8pm Monday through Thursday.
- Provide operational support for administrative duties, including staffing the front desk, answering phone calls and correspondence with and face-to-face service for students, employers, faculty, staff, alumni, donors, and other guests.
- Create student and alumni career advising appointments in Handshake and assist students with registering for various events and programs sponsored by the Center.
- Order and maintain office supplies, promotional items, and other programming components and tools.
- Update event and program information in various platforms, including Handshake, project management tools, and other administrative systems.
- Request and schedule services from campus departments in support of departmental programs and events.
- Assist with sending and receiving pre and post-event questionnaires and evaluations.
Support for Student Workers
- Participate in recruitment and training of student worker staff.
- Support daily oversight of student worker staff and assist with higher-level inquiries, questions, or concerns.
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.