Enrollment Marketing Email Specialist and Writer
Suffolk University is excited to announce a career opportunity as the Enrollment Marketing Email Specialist and Writer in the Division of Communications! Suffolk’s Division of Communications, including its Offices of Marketing & Communications (OMC) and Public Affairs (OPA), consists of storytellers, professional strategists, writers, designers, and multimedia producers offering a depth of expertise in a variety of media. We tell the university's story across various audiences and media, producing everything from news and feature pieces to long and short-form videos, collateral and advertising, and web and social media content.
The Enrollment Marketing Email Specialist and Writer is an early career opportunity for a strong writer and is willing to learn about marketing and data analytics. Suffolk offers free tuition as part of a generous benefits package. Check out the varied graduate degree programs!
To receive full consideration, please submit a cover letter with your resume.
Feel free to submit any writing samples along with your application.
Summary of Position:
Reporting to the Director of Enrollment Marketing, the Enrollment Marketing Email Specialist and Writer is responsible for coordinating enrollment communication email and SMS plans for multiple populations throughout the enrollment cycle, from recruitment to admission to financial aid through new student transition/orientation. The Enrollment Marketing Email Specialist and Writer must know how to create email campaigns–handling everything from planning and writing to analysis and reporting.
• Collaborate with the Director of Enrollment Marketing on the development of digital or email marketing and communication strategy
• Collaborate with the Office of Admission on the distribution of email and SMS communications
• Write and develop email marketing and SMS communications for all audiences (prospective students, parents, guidance counselors, applicants, accepted students, enrolling students, etc.) in partnership with creative team and campus partners
• Ensure regular communication and collaboration with stakeholders and editorial colleagues in the Division of Communications to compile relevant content for marketing copy
• Build and maintain content/asset libraries for re-use in future email campaigns
• Create reports on data activity for marketing email and SMS campaigns and monitor the effectiveness of campaigns by assessing analytics
• Review and provide analysis on various data activity from the CRM (Slate)
• Understand drip campaign strategy and A/B testing to optimize email campaigns and programs
• Bachelor's degree in English, creative writing, communications, marketing, advertising, journalism, or a related field
• Excellent writing skills
• Two+ years of professional marketing or admission experience with an emphasis on digital strategy and email communication
• Knowledge of email industry best practices including contact strategies, targeting and segmentation, A/B testing, and analytics
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office products, CRM system functionality, and email communication software – preferably Slate
• Experience or familiarity with HTML editing a plus
• Must be a highly organized, detail-oriented individual who can prioritize independently and manage multiple tasks at once
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.