Information System Security Officer
SRC, Inc. is currently seeking an information system security officer (ISSO). This information system security role is based in Chantilly, VA.
What You'll Do
- Provide advice and assistance to the government regarding secure configuration and operation of the customer’s ITS assets
- Apply knowledge and experience with standard information system security concepts, practices, and procedures
What You'll Bring
- TS/SCI with CI polygraph security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree, in a technical specialty such as computer engineering, information security, information management, and/or computer science, and 2+ years’ experience in information systems security project management or information systems security engineering or a master’s degree and 0 years’ experience; any equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with ICD 503, NIST 800 series and the Government’s certification and accreditation process
- Familiarity with conducting research and analysis
- Familiarity with network and information system security principles and best practices
- Familiarity with controlling, labeling, virus scanning, and appropriately transferring data (uploading/downloading) between information systems at varying classification levels
- Ability to engender rapport with the military, civilians, and other contractors at all levels
- Ability to prioritize tasks
- Familiarity with applicable NRO, IC, DoD policies, procedures and operating instructions related to Information Technology, Information Assurance, Information Management (IT/IA/IM)
- Security+ Certification
- DoD Directive 8140.01 IAT/IAM Level 2 Certification
- Thorough understanding and application of network security principles, practices, and implementations
- Working knowledge of cross-functional integration of information systems into a physical security environment
- Understanding of system methodologies including but not limited to client server, web hosting, web content servers, policy servers, directory servers, firewalls, WAN, LAN, switches, and routers
- Familiarity with detecting and preventing computer security compromises in a networked environment
- Working knowledge of configuration management; system maintenance; and integration testing
- Proficient in the use of tools used to prevent and/or negate malicious code
- Understanding of COTS tools that scan at the physical layer of all removable and fixed media types including but not limited to: (CDs, hard drives, thumb drives, Zip/Jazz, etc.)
- Ability to decipher and explain in clear language Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503
- Ability to support forensics and evidentiary preservation
What Sets SRC, Inc. Apart?
SRC, Inc., a not-for-profit research and development company, combines information, science, technology and ingenuity to solve “impossible” problems in the areas of defense, environment and intelligence. Across our family of companies, we apply bright minds, fresh thinking and relentless determination to deliver innovative products and services that are redefining possible®. When you join our team, you’ll be a part of something truly meaningful — helping to keep America and its allies safe and strong. You’ll collaborate with more than 1,400 engineers, scientists and professionals — with 20 percent of those employees having served in the military — in a highly innovative, inclusive and equitable work environment. You’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package that includes four or more weeks of paid time off to start, 10 percent employer contribution toward retirement, and 100 percent tuition support.
Individuals seeking employment are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability. You are being given the opportunity to provide the following information in order to help us comply with federal and state Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action record keeping, reporting, and other legal requirements.Learn more about SRC: