Director, Digital Operations Business Unit at India
Where you talk about Rightpoint, whether in decks, on your Linkedin page or in conversation, you are welcome to include the below description. For a shorter version, use the first two sentences.
Rightpoint, a Genpact company, is the digital consultancy with technology at its core. We design and engineer end-to-end experiences that help our clients succeed at the speed of innovation. Rightpoint serves more than 250 Fortune 1000 companies and has been named one of Crain's 50 Fastest Growing Companies in Chicago for four consecutive years. Rightpoint has 500 employees across 10 offices. For more information, visit rightpoint.com and connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
Provide leadership and accountable for the overall performance of the Jaipur Digital Operations National Practices/Teams (DigOps Dev, IT Ops & DevOps, Cloud Infrastructure, Delivery Management, QA & Testing, and DigOps Experience Studio). This is a hands-on role with leadership and direct client and project responsibilities managing complex digital projects and serving/working in various roles within an account/program/project.
The Director will report to the Jaipur Managing Director (Jagmohan Rathore) and Digital Operations Business Unit Lead (Joseph Lee). We will work together to set the vision, plan and execute our annual goals, BU/National Practice initiatives, and operational tasks. The Director will help build, groom, coach and grow the Jaipur DigOps leadership team that leads each of the National Practice/Teams at Jaipur. The leadership team collectively is responsible for the oversight of the team’s work, utilization, morale and success of the delivery of workstreams.
Responsible for managing across all DigOps Teams at Jaipur, and successful deliver and execution of complex programs/projects that fall within the DigOps Business unit at Jaipur. Additionally, to oversee process and understanding of RP applications and delivery tracking tools – e.g. project health, Oz bookings, margin and farming goals, etc.
- Ownership and accountable for the overall success and performance of all the DigOps Team @ Jaipur
- Responsibilities include oversight of all delivery, projects, teams, escalation and resolution across all DigOps projects @ Jaipur.
- This role will oversee 4-6 Managers leading various units within the Digital Operations business.
- Working with your leadership team that leads each unit, this role will oversee a total 50-100 team members across all DigOps National Practice/Teams at Jaipur.
- DigOps Jaipur Team utilization and business KPIs
- Work with Jaipur Managing Director and DigOps BU unit to set vision, plan, and execute
- Anticipate BU/National Practice risks and obstacles, and address them with the team in a proactive manner
- Effectively interact with senior level leadership within Rightpoint across disciplines
- Effectively interact with senior level clients and serves as an escalation point for issues and communication to Client senior management
- Business Unit Management and Leadership
- Track goals, performance and enable career growth for Leadership and Team
- Track and manage team morale
- Provide leadership trainings and mentoring of the team
- Provide career guidance, coaching, grooming, support, and critical feedback.
- Enables a farming mindset
- Monitor BU level workload and utilization ongoing
- Recruiting, and onboarding of new leads and managers, and oversight of the team through your local leadership team
- Create and communicate best working practices within the Digital Operations team
- Sponsor and drive Jaipur specific Business unit initiatives
Hands-on Delivery Responsibilities:
- The Director of Digital Operations role is a hand-on role with direct account/program/project and client engagement responsibilities.
- This role with have individual utilization target to meet (60%) serving in various roles within a project based on the candidate’s experience/profile.
- Potential hands-on roles include serving in one of these roles.
- Program/Delivery Manager
- Project Manager
- IT Architect/Engineer
- Cloud Architect/Engineer
- Dev Architect/Engineer
- QA Architect/Engineer
- Design Lead
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience within relevant field
- Minimum 12+ years of progressive experience in Consulting, Agency, SI, Digital Operations, Managed Services or Production Studio
- With 6 years in leadership role.
- With 5+ years of experience in a client facing capacity at an agency or consulting, with in digital scope
- Proven experience in managing multiple cross functional team delivering complex programs/projects in a technology, professional services and/or digital agency environment
- Track record of building and leading a high performing leadership team
- Track record of building and leading a high performing team
- Managing direct reports and creating actionable development plans accompanied by effective, ongoing dialogue with team members (including difficult, timely feedback)
- Demonstrates strong management skills for (leadership, management, staffing, career management, training, utilization tracking etc.)
- Successful experience defining and implementing organizational and process improvements
- Ability to accurately track and collect information, troubleshoot and problem solve
- Solid web technologies experience, and solid proficiency in Microsoft Project, Word and Excel
- Displays strong financial and management skills at the business/practice level
- Knows how to execute integrated digital engagements successfully
- Highly developed communication, presentation, leadership, facilitation and negotiation skills
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- Frequent tech talks, hack days for open exploration, and our regular technology meet-up, Drinks on Tap
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we mirror their dress code)
- Medical Policies
- Sick Leaves
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- Team/Office Lunches
- Open Office Environment
Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities (because we're always hungry for more)
Recruiters, we appreciate your services however we will reach out to you if we need help with our search.
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.