Software Quality Assurance Manager
Rightpoint, a Genpact company (NYSE: G) is a global experience leader. Over 700 employees across 12 offices work with clients end-to-end, from defining and enabling vision, to ensuring ongoing market relevance. Our diverse teams lead with empathy, data and creativity—always in service of the experience. From whiteboard to roll-out, we help our clients embed experience across their operations from front to back office to accelerate digital transformation through a human-centric lens. Rightpoint has been recognized among the top customer experience consultancies in The Forrester Wave™: Customer Experience Strategy Consulting Practices, Q4 2020.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Our Commitment to You
No matter who you are, where you come from, who you love, what you believe, or what you get excited about, we bring people together to make phenomenal work. That's what makes us Rightpoint!
The Rightpoint Commerce team is looking to add someone with significant software QA experience to lead a small, but growing, team and take them to the next level. Part of this “next level” includes offering and supporting QA services for all projects across the commerce group. The ideal candidate has deep experience with several different flavors of QA (functional, performance, automation, etc), and has prior leadership responsibilities (even better in a support role).
As a lead for the Commerce QA team, you will provide the direction for the QA team. This includes reviewing and tweaking established processes and tools as well as defining new ones as best practices evolve. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting in the recruiting and training of new team members as well as the performance management of the existing team.
While there is a strong leadership component, this role is also an active QA team member for delivery work. As an individual contributor, you will drive the standard for all other QA team members to adhere to through defining test plans/cases, executing tests, and working with development teams to deliver quality products.
What You'll Do and The Impact You'll Make:
- QA Team Direction
- Review/refine existing QA processes and tools and assist in establishing new standards and processes based on industry trends and best practices
- Contribute thought leadership in the QA “craft”
- Drive internal adoption of QA processes, tools and metrics
- Market and advertise QA services internally, driving broader adoption of the services across the company
- Recruit, train, mentor, and coach team members both in their tactical, day-to-day actions as well as their career path/growth
- Manage team project allocations, balancing client demand with team member career growth
- Assist with sales pursuits
- Act as a strong advocate for quality and share QA knowledge to other members within the company
- Individual Contributor
- Take proactive, expert ownership of Quality Assurance role on client projects
- Work with project leadership team to establish project quality standards and ensure that those standards are met
- Author and execute test plans, test cases, and/or test scripts required to validate solutions
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
- Work with project technical leadership to review functional requirements and ensure that all functional paths are accounted for in the test plan
- Participating in design, code and test plan reviews as needed and providing appropriate recommendations
- Reporting quality-related KPIs and other relevant information to senior management
What We'd Love to See
- Ability to think beyond simple, rote testing; capable of creative thinking and problem solving
- Profound interest in building a high functioning team and making a positive impact on the cultural “DNA” of the group with regards to QA
- Capable of exhibiting empathy for end-users; experience “wearing the shoes” of a variety of end-user personas
- Experience in leading and coaching a small QA team or a support team
- Expertise in various forms of software testing (specifically in a support role): smoke testing, regression testing, functional and non-functional testing, etc.
- Experience in Content Management System (CMS) testing
- Experience in both cross browser and cross device testing of web applications
- Responsive Design testing experience
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into test cases and test scenarios
- Extensive understanding in QA process (Agile and Waterfall), tools, and approaches
- Experience with JIRA or similar bug and issue tracking solutions
- Experience with Mobile Web testing and simulator/emulation tools
- Knowledge of Selenium test automation a strong plus
- Experience with JMeter, Load testing tools, Web Service testing tools, and Front-End testing tools a plus
- Experience with testing beyond functional/non-functional (e.g. usability, accessibility, security, etc.) a plus
- Experience with SOAP UI and Web Service testing tools a plus
- Flexible PTO – If you need a day off or an extended vacation, take the time!
- Hybrid work environment: Casual and open office or Remote…You choose!
- Great insurance coverage (Multiple Options) and flexible spending accounts
- 401K with Company Matching
- Regular Cultural & Social Events including: Community Volunteer Opportunities, Happy Hours, Team Outings, Intramural Sports, and more
- Monthly WFH Stipend
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion:We care about making Rightpoint a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive organization to bring about meaningful and measurable changes to representation, team member experience, and client engagement. Here's how:
- Employee Resource Groups (ERG): Our ERGs are created and run by team members who share a common community, identity, or allyship. Right now, our ERGs include Parents, Pride, POC, and Womxn. These groups play a vital role in contributing to Rightpoint’s inclusive environment where all are valued and empowered to succeed
- Partnerships: Out-in-Tech, POINT Foundation, WomenHack, Girls Inc., and more!
- Mentorship Program
Rightpoint, a Genpact Company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We are committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.