Senior User Experience Consultant - Contractor
Contract- 3 months +
The Senior User Experience Consultant - Contractor is responsible for developing interaction and information architecture deliverables (such as, site maps, user scenarios, wireframes, mental models, personas, interaction specifications and prototypes) for a variety of user interfaces including web sites, mobile applications, kiosks and business tools. The User Experience Consultant will be also responsible for conducting user research activities including user interviews and observation, ideation sessions, usability studies and other user research techniques to inform user-centered insights for final deliverables.
A solid understanding of user-centered design processes and interaction design principles will be crucial to the User Experience Consultant’s success at Rightpoint. The User Experience Consultant will work closely with senior-level user experience consultants on project work. The ideal candidate enjoys working in a team environment and is dedicated to creating quality materials within budgeted timeframes, is regularly engaged in the developments of the user experience community and will go the extra mile to ensure client satisfaction.
- Creating the information architecture and interaction design for transactional, informational, and marketing user experiences including intranets, extranets, micro-sites, web applications, mobile applications and business tools
- Developing and documenting detailed user experience specifications for highly interactive interfaces
- Developing static and interactive prototypes for demonstration and evaluation of concepts to business owners or for validation with end-users
- Conducting end-user research, prototype testing, and usability testing
- Translating insights gleaned from user research and client input into IA deliverables including wireframes, task flows, sketches, interaction specifications, etc.
- Collaborating with clients and end-users in order to gather business requirements and translate them into effective, user-centered interactive experiences
- Participating in client presentations and providing support materials for client presentations including research and design artifacts
- Contributing knowledge, research, and insight to the user experience community and to the practice at Rightpoint
Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) in a related field, such as Human-Computer Interaction, Library Sciences, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, etc.
- 5-7 years experience as an information architect, interaction designer, or user experience professional (or similar role). Experience working in a consulting firm environment is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to produce meaningful and effective design artifacts for complex transactional interfaces, taxonomies and metadata frameworks, and templates for content management systems
- Proficiency in a variety of design prototyping tools including Axure, Omnigraffle, Adobe CS, and/or iRise
- Experience in client services
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
This is a contract position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.