QA Engineer (Manual)
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people at Rightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. We’re driven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, we’re able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business.
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs? Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And we’re searching for passionate, talented people to join the Rightpoint team.
Rightpoint is the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design -- and expanded mobile innovation and emerging technologies via Raizlabs. We serve more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with strategy, site design and development, content, CRM, commerce, BI and cloud infrastructure.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of “Fastest Growing Companies,” 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2017
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year® Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more about Rightpoint and our culture:
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY!!
Location: Rightpoint Offices - Boston
Term: 3-6 months, possible extensions
- Take proactive, expert ownership of Quality Assurance role on client and internal projects
- Author test plans, test cases, and/or test scripts required to validate solutions
- Partner closely with the development teams to replicate and resolve issues
- Work closely across all capabilities (e.g. Technology, Project Management, User Experience/Creative, etc.) to ensure that all quality assurance requirements are defined and properly documented
- Assist in reviewing and refining existing QA process, controls, and best practices
- Act as a strong advocate for quality and share QA knowledge to other team members within the company
- Ensure all projects meet both functional and non-functional requirements and map to QA test cases
- Assist QA Leadership in training and mentoring other QA staff members on QA best practices and techniques
Qualities / Experience
- Expertise in various forms of software testing: functional and non-functional testing – regression testing, performance testing, etc.
- Experience testing native mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Experience in cross device/cross OS version testing of native mobile applications
- Experience in testing native mobile applications under degraded/slow/no network conditions
- Responsive Design testing experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to understand business needs and translate them into test cases and test scenarios
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with teams and clients
- Extensive understanding in QA process (Agile and Waterfall), tools, and approaches
- Experience with JIRA, Agilecraft, or similar bug and issue tracking solutions
- Experience with Mobile Web testing and simulator/emulation tools
- Knowledge of Selenium test automation a strong plus
- Experience with Blazemeter/JMeter/load testing tools, and performance testing tools a plus
- Experience with testing beyond functional (e.g. Web Accessibility, security, etc.) a plus
- 3-5 years of Software Quality Assurance experience
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical – 4 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Weekly Grocery Snack/Drink delivery
- Regular Happy Hours and social events including: Volunteering, Game Nights, Basketball, 5K runs, golf outings, team sports, etc.
- Catered Lunches Every Friday
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visit www.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an “Employment Authorized” result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME