Software Engineer, Principal [Database Internals]
We’re Progress – We are the trusted provider of the best products to develop, deploy and manage high-impact applications. We are bold, forward-thinking innovators who build things that work and care about our customers. We invent and reinvent every day, work together as one, value and respect each other and cheer our wins. Join us as Principal Software Engineer in our Application Data Platform Business Unit for the MarkLogic Product team in Hyderabad, India.
Are you itching to be on the vanguard of the database revolution? Do you want to work with cutting edge NoSQL technology that Global 2000 customers are using to solve their mission-critical Big Data problems? MarkLogic is the powerful, agile and trusted enterprise multi-model database that organizations around the world have been using in production for over 15 years. Our unique technology powers some of the world’s largest and most complex applications for customers in media, government, financial services, healthcare, and other industries worldwide. These customers bet their businesses on us, and we deliver for them.
We are looking for a talented, passionate, and inquisitive engineer. As a member of the Database Infrastructure Team, you are responsible for the technical design, implementation and maintenance of key-technologies related to the database kernel. You collaborate closely with product management, quality assurance and technical documentation to make sure features are delivered on time with high quality standards.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Advanced C++coding skills (Java is a plus)
- 8+ years of hands-on development experience in database internals or building core components for data processing systems
- 6+ yearsdevelopment experience in distributed and multi-threaded systems
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unixsystems (Windows is a plus)
- Working knowledge of all aspects of software development lifecycle
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience in related field(s)
- Experience with high performance distributed systems, fault tolerant software architecture: high availability, replication, consistency, concurrency, scalability, networking and performance optimization
- Experience with NoSQL databases, Database engine implementation - including indexes and compression
- Relational query engines (SQL, SPARQL) and/or query optimizer implementation
- Search engine implementation
- Security technologies like SAML, OAuth, Kerberos, Encryption, SSL, PKI, etc
- Solid understanding of web and network protocols, HTTP/App server internals
- Document and data formats – JSON, XML and related technologies
- Language processing
- Work experience with AWS and Azure
- Excellent mentoring skills and ability to provide technical guidance to junior members
What we offer in return is the opportunity to join a talented team of bright and nice people and to also enjoy :
Here at Progress, we truly care about your employee experience. It is important to us for our employees to balance their work and home life, obtain viable options for their health and wellness, grow their career, and plan for financial success.
- 30 days of earned leaves plus an extra day off for your birthday, various other leaves like Marriage leave ,Casual leave, Maternity leave , Paternity Leave
- Premium Group medical Insurance for employee and 5 dependents ,Personal accident insurance coverage, Life insurance coverage
- Professional development reimbursement
- Interest subsidy on loans - either vehicle or personal loans
Together, We Make Progress
Progress is an inclusive workplace where opportunities to succeed are available to everyone. As a multicultural company serving a global community, we encourage a wide range of points of view and celebrate our diverse backgrounds. Our unique combination of perspectives inspires innovation, connects us to our customers and positively affects our communities. It is only by working together and learning from each other that we make Progress. Join us!