Sr. Staff Device Engineer
- Design and qualify high voltage power devices for power conversion.
- Evaluate electrical/thermal performance and reliability of power devices as part of Company’s products.
- Assignments will include power device creation, fabrication and full characterization, providing device documentation and technical reports.
- Interact with other departments for best use of Company’s technologies and to support key customer requirements
- Participate in the development of world-class high-voltage power devices and analog/mixed signal process technologies in a fabless environment
- Characterize high-voltage power devices, low and medium voltage MOSFETs, bipolars and other analog components using automated and manual testers.
- Analyze characterization data using statistical data analysis tools
- Establish correlation between manual and automated tester data for PCM development
- Perform device/process simulations and device layout as part of new technology development
- B. Sc Degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 12 years' working experience or
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or other relevant fields
- Sound understanding of semiconductor physics
- Hands-on experience with high-voltage wide-bandgap technologies, including GaN and SiC power device design, fabrication and qualification.
- Proven track record of independently designing and taking into volume fabrication high-voltage semiconductor power switching devices
- Proficiency with TCAD tools and familiar with CADENCE layout and simulation tools
- Hand-on experience with high voltage testing and data acquisition systems
- Good communication and documentation skills
Power Integrations is committed to building teams that drive innovation and therefore review a range of factors when determining compensation. The annual base pay range for this position is $151,138- $218,139. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, qualifications and work location.
The range displayed on the job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for this position in California. Within the range, individual pay is determined by additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Power Integrations also offers to our eligible employees a comprehensive total rewards package that includes equity, medical benefits, ESPP, 401K, tuition reimbursement and time off programs. For additional benefits, please visit https://www.power.com/company/our-sustainability-priorities/people-our-engine-innovation.