Business Planning Manager
The Business Planning Manager will be primary interface with offshore wafer foundries, assembly, test and warehouse sites, along with customer service to ensure on time deliveries.
- Position requires strong strategic and analytical skills in order to support both a high growth unit volume and a more complex product portfolio.
- Able to assimilate data from multiple sources, organize the data and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Model and plan support for multiple product families utilizing multiple manufacturing sites.
- Plan inventory strategies in order to achieve inventory turn goals while ensuring a high level of customer support.
- Plan Fab and Assembly vendor loading over multiple time horizons to ensure appropriate unit support as well as maximizing cost reduction opportunities.
- Appropriate vendor monitoring tools must be developed and utilized on an ongoing basis.
- Plan loading for internal test sites in order to ensure optimum loading of test equipment, consistent with inventory strategies.
- Generate staff development plans to ensure continued growth and contribution from the planning organization.
- Establish operational objectives and assignments consistent with corporate goals.
- Regular monitoring and assessment of staff performance will be required.
- BS required. MBA preferred.
- Eight plus years of direct Manufacturing Business Planning experience in semiconductor industry.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required to ensure internal support for plans, to maintain good vendor relations, and to ensure that information provided to management is both timely and accurate.
- Communications skills will be utilized in the generation and presentation of information to multiple levels of the organization.
- Strong system skills, at both a functional and strategic level, are required.
- Expected to be a significant contributor to the planning system selection and implementation team.
- Able to utilize systems tools for both monitoring and modeling activities.
- Need strong systems proficiency to ensure accuracy of system output.
- Define reports as necessary to support changing business conditions.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Business Objects is required.
- Oracle proficiency is preferred.