Financial Manager - Property Development-HYBRID position
If you are looking for employment with a purpose where you can help improve the daily lives of the members of your community, then consider a career with Pioneer Human Services!
We are currently looking for a Financial Manager - Property Development with a passion for human services. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with an organization focused on racial justice, second opportunities, diversity, equity and inclusion.
WHO WE ARE
We are a social enterprise that partners with communities to transform society by honoring the humanity of people, reducing the impact of discriminatory mass incarceration and empowering people to live safe, healthy, productive lives through inspiration, affirmation and by overturning barriers.
For over 50 years we have proudly serviced our clients with professionalism and empathy. We are a nationally recognized non-profit with 50+ locations across Washington State that provides a chance for change to over 3,000 people on any given day.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a member of the Pioneer Human Services Finance & Accounting Team, the Financial Manager - Property Development will be the financial lead for the Property Development management team, and assist in financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis for Pioneer Human Services. Primary duties include:
* Manage all financial aspects of development activities for low income housing tax credit (“LIHTC”) construction projects or other financing arrangements.
* Monitor and track construction progress to ensure accurate accumulation of costs for funding and Cost Certification audit.
* Coordinate finance and accounting related matters during marketing and lease up process through transition to stabilized operations, working with internal departments (Project Management, Planning & Development, Accounting, Housing and Facilities Management).
* Support the organization and the CFO with capital investment plan and the annual operating budget process, and related forecasts
* Assist with development and growth of organization through financial modeling and subsequent operational reporting and model variance analysis
* Support Director of FP&A with special projects, risk management and process improvements
WHAT YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field– work experience may substitute for degree, with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience with budgets, financial modeling and analysis
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices and procedures
- Knowledge of low-income housing development and operations. Housing Development Finance Professional Certification required within first year of employment.
PREFERABLY YOU’LL BRING
- Experience with public funding and nonprofit accounting requirements
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience with ERP and reporting systems (EPICOR/Adaptive Insights a plus)
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and a desire to work in an environment requiring teamwork and respect for others
- Proven ability to identify and solve complex problems, formulate proposals and successfully implement new systems/processes
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, manage deadlines and competing priorities, and maintain high standards for accuracy, productivity, and confidentiality
- Customer service oriented
WHAT WE OFFER
Competitive industry compensation and a generous benefit plan that includes:
- Medical, vision, prescription, dental and flexible spending account (FSA).
- Tuition assistance program: Pioneer pays 100% of the tuition for a bachelor’s degree, and 50% for graduate programs.
- Retirement plan: Pioneer contributes 3.5% of an employees' annual compensation into retirement plans. An additional 3.5% match is offered to those who contribute 6% on their own.
- Employee recognition programs: gift cards, additional time off, weekend getaways and more.
- Public transportation discount.
- Employee assistance program (EAP).
Pioneer human services is an equal opportunity employer of minorities/women/individuals with disabilities/protected veterans and does not unlawfully discriminate under federal, state, or local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status.
PIONEER HUMAN SERVICES IS A DRUG FREE COMPANY
In addition to pre-employment drug screening, Pioneer reserves the right to conduct random sample alcohol or drug testing of all employees. Please note that our drug-free policy includes marijuana and there are no exceptions for those with medical marijuana prescriptions.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
Pursuant to Proclamations issued by Washington’s Governor and company policy, all new employees who start on or after October 18, 2021, must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and supply proof of vaccination status prior to commencing work as a condition of employment, unless the employee is entitled to an accommodation for disability-related or religious reasons or is otherwise exempt under applicable federal, state, or local law. If you have any questions, contact Human Resources at [email protected]