Production Coordinator, Radiolab
Production Coordinator, Radiolab
Radiolab seeks a Production Coordinator to support the continued growth and ambition of the show. The Production Coordinator will be the drumbeat of our team, they will be highly skilled at keeping our operations/logistics running and efficient, and will keep this ever growing constellation of work running smoothly. The role will be a unique blend of long term and short term organization, from broad future planning to in-the-moment coordination of studio booking, fact checking, and more. We will rely on the Production Coordinator to see the forest, the trees, and the weird animals who live there.
- Collaborate with editorial team to coordinate production teams and deadlines for episodes
- Coordinating the fact checking process, including internal and external stakeholders
- Running point on the endgame of our show publishing process, including web presence
- Day to day production logistics including studio booking, transcriber coordination, etc
- Oversee production systems: Slack, Google Docs, grants Airtable, calendars, etc
- Work with membership, sponsorship, and development on fundraising production coordination.
- Communicating with independent contractors as needed on various production related matters
- Maintaining the production and studio calendars with transparency and open communication with the Radiolab staff
- Liaise with the editorial and production staff about technical needs
- Lead continued innovation and evolution of our process and technical tools
- Minimum three years of experience in production or project management as part of a creative team
- Experience or deep familiarity with working in an editorial environment
- Extremely strong organizational skills, and the wherewithal to wield them in any environment
- Ability to manage several projects concurrently - multitasking like whoa.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail
- Able to think on your feet, and adapt long developed plans at short notice to achieve great heights.
This is a full-time role which includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental leave.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role is currently operating in a remote capacity and will continue to be fully remote through at least August 2021. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work fully from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.