Human Resource Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
Reporting to the Chief Human Resources Officer, the person in this role will partner with the Chief Content Officer and the Content leadership team on all strategic, organizational, and people-related matters that impact their group. Also, this person will work collaboratively across HR and other business teams to provide meaningful HR solutions that enable targeted business outcomes and drive organizational, team, and individual success.
- Partner with group leadership in setting business strategy, providing a people perspective; translate business requirements into HR priorities, solutions, actions, and results
- Consult, advise, coach, and influence group leadership regarding organizational, leadership, management, talent, development, communication, employee relations, culture, change, etc. decisions/actions, opportunities/challenges, etc.
- Drive change to maximum dividual and team effectiveness; provide guidance to leaders, managers, and employees on employee engagement, communication, and relations
- Ensure organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, structure, and culture with business strategies
- Implement and manage HR solutions, programs, and services, including organizational design, leadership/talent management and development, performance management, employee relations, compensation, rewards, talent acquisition, and workforce planning
- Provide performance, development, and compensation guidance to managers, including coaching, counseling, corrective actions, development plans, promotions, pay decisions, etc.
- Collaborate with the recruiting team to identify talent requirements based on organizational needs and assess candidates for organization fit
- Partner with VP of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion to develop strategies to diversify our sources of talent and also ensure equitable and inclusive hiring and other HR practices
- Analyzes HR data, trends, and metrics to identify opportunities and work with leadership, HR, and other business teams to develop solutions, programs, and practices to address
- Maintain and apply in-depth knowledge of employment practices and legal requirements, work with managers to minimize legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong consult and coaching skills, successfully partnering with business leaders to drive individual, team, and organizational performance
- Ability to build strong, ongoing, impactful relationships at all organizational levels and across a diverse range of cultural, generational, ethnic, racial, educational, and social backgrounds
- Strong business acumen, with the ability to quickly learn and understand the company, industry, market, customers, value proposition, performance drivers, etc.
- Comprehensive understanding and proven ability to address all people aspects of business strategy, goals, and plans, with demonstrated success in implementing and managing change
- Excellent written/oral communication skills, confident, persuasive presentation skills, organizational influence, and conflict resolution skills
- Strategic, systems thinking and complex problem-solving skills, with the ability to draw upon multiple resources in developing and implementing integrated solutions
- Ability to analyze information, derive insights, and make business-appropriate decision
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or related field, or equivalent; MBA or Master’s degree in human resources field a plus
- 10+ years of progressive HR experience, with recent experience in a strategic business partner/leadership role
- Experience in all HR functional areas, with a strong emphasis in organizational development/effectiveness and talent management/development
- Experience at a non-profit or media environment a plus