Line Producer, The Takeaway
The Takeaway (WNYC & PRX) is looking for an experienced journalist to join one of the most successful radio programs in the country as a line producer. The Takeaway provides intelligent and informed conversation to a national audience and is heard on more than 250 stations across the country.
Candidates should have proven broadcast and source-building skills, the ability to self-start, pitch story ideas and track fast-moving events in the U.S. and around the world.
Working from WNYC’s headquarters in New York, the Line Producer will be a critical member of our early-morning team, working with The Takeaway’s host, director, and engineer and to produce the daily program.
- Assess the top news of the day and make changes as required to scripts and taped segments.
- Respond quickly during breaking news events
- Oversee the research, recording, cutting, producing and reporting of new content during the program’s taping
- Develop appropriate coverage ideas and help shape content post production.
- Prepare scripts and digital content for broadcast and digital.
- Be willing to work early-morning hours (6:30 a.m. shift)
- Comply with all NYPR and show policies and guidelines
- Work on other special projects and other duties as assigned
- At least three years’ broadcast experience, preferably in live radio. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- Audio editing experience required; Cool Edit/Audacity, Easy Track and/or DAVID experience, ProTools, Audition, Ableton, others accepted
- Proven track record meeting objectives under deadline pressure
- Experience editing audio for air
- Strong writing skills; editor's eye for prepping content and shaping copy for hosts
- This position requires use of a computer, telephone and other office and/or broadcast equipment; ability to communicate effectively through a variety of methods
- Requires the intellectual and emotional depth, maturity, self-confidence and interpersonal skills to work effectively and/or interact with the other Takeaway staff, executives at NYPR, colleagues, vendors and guests as needed
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. New York Public Radio must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy. New York Public Radio is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invites and encourages qualified applicants from all walks of life.