Recruitment Sourcing Specialist
Recruitment Sourcing Specialist
New York Public Radio, home to WNYC, WQXR, WNYC Studios, and The Greene Space is seeking a Recruitment Sourcing Specialist who prides themselves on connecting the right people to the right roles. As a Recruitment Sourcing Specialist you will be responsible for strategic sourcing, identifying passive candidates, and building diverse pipelines to meet our hiring goals across the organization.
To be successful in this role you will have a proven track record of finding great diverse talent for a variety of roles through creative sourcing strategies. You’ll also be skilled at networking and building relationships with potential candidates and well networked individuals and organizations outside of New York Public Radio.
The Recruitment Sourcing Specialist is a new role that will add critical capacity to a small recruitment team that supports all hires across the organization. It reports to the Director of Talent Recruitment.
- Proactively source qualified, passive, diverse candidates for open roles using a variety of recruiting strategies and channels
- Increase diversity in our candidate pools for current open roles and pipelines for future roles
- Engage in introductory conversations with prospective candidates to determine their fit within New York Public Radio culture
- Maintain on-going relationships to keep prospects engaged with New York Public Radio and invested in future openings
- Develop and maintain organized pipelines of talent for commonly hired roles particularly in our content division such as reporters, editors and producers at all levels, and effectively document and track interactions
- Build relationships with leaders of professional groups and organizations that have access to prospective candidates
- Attend virtual and in-person career fairs and other networking events to represent New York Public Radio
- At least two years of experience strategically sourcing candidates for a variety of roles at all levels with measurable success
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and knowledge of best practices in building diverse pipelines of talent
- Detail oriented with the ability to achieve a high degree of accuracy in systems such as Jobvite and linkedin
- Comfort with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, and an ability to learn other software as needed
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and laws that pertain to recruitment and interview practices
- The ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks, self-manage and deliver high quality work product
- Demonstrated discretion when working with confidential information both internally and externally
- An interest in public media, radio and/or journalism
- Previous recruiting experience in media is a plus
This is a full-time role that includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental leave.
This role is currently operating remotely, with the ability to optionally work from the office/studio sometimes, which is encouraged. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff and may be expected to work from the New York office in a hybrid capacity within the next few months.
Given this role will be on-site all or some of the time, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is required unless NYPR has approved a specific religious or medical exemption in advance of the first day of work. At this time, NYPR defines being fully vaccinated as having received two Moderna or Pfizer COVID-19 vaccinations or one Johnson and Johnson vaccination.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.