Listener Services Associate
New York Public Radio (NYPR) seeks a compassionate and team-oriented service professional to join its Listener Services Department. NYPR is looking for a highly skilled and motivated candidate to provide NYPR listeners & members with timely and professional responses via email and on the phone. This associate represents the station as the first line of contact for listeners and members. Reporting to the Listener Services Director, this role will be responsible for answering questions on all facets of the organization, with a special emphasis on our classical music channel, WQXR, our radio frequencies as well as routine membership requests. The successful candidate will be a confident writer and communicator with a thoughtful, patient and compassionate nature.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support station efforts to strengthen and expand New York Public Radio’s relationship with its listeners and members.
- Develop overall understanding of station operations and personnel to respond to listener inquiries with sensitivity over the phone, email and postal mail.
- Respond to listener/member phone calls on all facets of the station and all our brands-WNYC, WQXR, NJPR, The Green Space and Gothamist and track interactions in database.
- Perform gift processing activities: record pledges, update payment information in database and answer general membership questions over the phone and email.
- Research and respond to all programming inquiries and complaints regarding our classical music channel, WQXR, via email and postal mail.
- Research and respond to all radio reception inquiries and complaints regarding all our radio frequencies (WNYC, NJPR & WQXR) via email and postal mail.
- Process returned thank you gifts.
- Process our thank you gifts upload file.
- Report feedback to WQXR staff on a monthly basis and on an ad-hoc basis.
- Help maintain up to date WQXR programming documents for the department.
- Attend weekly WQXR meetings.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal, telephone and written communication skills.
- Ability to stay calm and compassionate when customers are upset.
- Natural ability to diffuse and deescalate angry callers to maintain the listener/member relationship.
- Can handle conflict with ease and release negative energy following a challenging call or email.
- Strong emotional self-care skills and resources.
- A solution-oriented approach to problems that arise.
- Proven ability to generate a high volume of error-free correspondence and data entry.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a positive attitude, with focus on customer satisfaction and a teamwork environment.
- Familiarity with NYPR programming required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, and ability to use multiple applications simultaneously.
- Strong internet research ability.
- Three years of customer service experience required.
- Experience writing customer service or professional correspondence required.
- Working knowledge of database and fundraising/ticketing software preferred.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements and resume. New York Public Radio must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy