Director, Sponsorship Marketing Strategy
Director, Sponsorship Marketing Strategy
New York Public Radio, home to WNYC, WQXR, WNYC Studios, and The Greene Space, is seeking a Marketing Strategy Director. The Marketing Strategy team for Sponsorship brings together the right cross-functional teams and resources to provide the best possible ideas and strategies to our sponsorship customers. This function oversees sales positioning for all platforms at New York Public Radio.
Success within the Marketing Strategy team, Sponsorship, requires a passion for media, an editorial mindset, and a high standard for visual presentations, all brought to life through a working understanding of the media and advertising landscape and an ability to translate data and insights into compelling and engaging sponsorship and branded content programs.
You will report to the SVP, Sponsorship
- Create powerful presentations with storytelling that responds to client needs and telegraphs the value of New York Public Radio’s media offerings across all platforms, podcast, streaming, display, and radio, with a full understanding of New York Public Radio’s ad products and creative capabilities
- Develop a broad understanding of all New York Public Radio media properties assets, including specific shows by platform
- Lead and project manage across relevant departments (including Sales, Content, Audience, Data, Business Development, Ad Operations, Sales Planning, Events, etc.) to create integrated programs for clients
- Use research and data to share insights and support sales stories and value propositions for New York Public Radio
- Attend sales calls to pitch advertising and media ideas to mid/senior-level executives at clients and agency partners
- Work with the sales planners and assistants communicating proposal and program status to all parties - including senior management
- Educate and keep the sales team updated with advertising industry trends and what opportunities or challenges they might present for our business
- Oversight of Sponsorship Marketing Strategy Manager
- At least 6 years of cross-platform Advertising experience including media strategy experience. Podcast experience, a plus.
- Experience working in collaborative sales and marketing processes, including the interaction and strategy required in an advertising sales environment
- An understanding of the current audio, social, branded content, digital, mobile, and tablet landscapes
- Experience with how to translate the long-term goals of sponsors into solutions that could be provided by New York Public Radio brands
- Excellent writing, Powerpoint, and Excel skills. Design skills preferred.
- Comfort when working directly with our agency and brand contacts, and senior partners
This is a full-time role that includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental leave.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role is currently operating in a remote capacity and will continue to be fully remote through at least August 2021. However, this position is not a permanent remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work fully from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At New York Public Radio diversity, equity, and inclusion is more than a strategy or an initiative; it is an organizational mindset that is reinforced every day. Ultimately, we strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and pursue inclusive strategies to support and encourage them and create a more engaged, committed, and productive workforce. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are especially important to us as a media organization because a diverse workforce allows us to report with perspective and insight, and deliver a variety of content reflecting the diverse population we serve in New York City and beyond. We believe that diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an inclusive workplace in which all voices are encouraged and heard is a core part of our values as an organization.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.