New York Public Radio, home to WNYC, WQXR, WNYC Studios, and The Greene Space is seeking a Recruitment Manager experienced in proactive sourcing who prides themselves in connecting the right people to the right roles. Reporting to the Director of Talent Recruitment, the Recruitment Manager will be responsible for strategic sourcing, full cycle recruitment for roles primarily in the Newsroom and on our Content Teams, and support in recruitment operations.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record of finding great talent through inclusive, creative sourcing strategies, care about the small details that make recruitment efficient and is deeply committed to providing a great experience to hiring managers and candidates.
- Proactively source qualified candidates for harder to fill roles primarily in our Newsroom and on our Content Teams
- Increase diversity in our candidate pools overall for open roles
- Conduct full cycle recruitment for selected open roles including resume review, phone screens, scheduling interviews, and hiring manager and candidate engagement and communication
- Support in all recruiting operations such as managing role requests from hiring managers, creating requisitions, maintaining and ensuring accuracy of data in Jobvite, posting jobs, preparing offer letters
- Listing, extending and managing online job board postings
- Attending virtual and in-person career fairs as needed
- Partner with the Director of Talent and Recruitment in initiatives and projects to further increase efficiency and effectiveness of the recruiting function
- Collaborating with the HR Business Partners and the HR Operations team on projects and key initiatives
- At least 5 years of experience in recruiting for a media organization, experience supporting a newsroom a plus
- Experience proactively sourcing candidates for a variety of challenging roles with measurable success
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and knowledge of best practices in building diverse pipelines of talent
- Experience and a high proficiency in using Applicant Tracking Systems, with experience in Jobvite a plus
- Detail oriented with the ability to achieve a high degree of accuracy in systems such as Jobvite and within tracking spreadsheets
- Comfort with Google Suite and Microsoft Office, and an ability to learn other software as needed
- Knowledge of relevant regulations and laws that pertain to recruitment and interview practices
- The ability to work on and prioritize multiple tasks, self-manage and deliver high quality work products.
- Strong organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrated discretion when working with confidential information both internally and externally
This is a full-time role that includes benefits. New York Public Radio offers competitive compensation with excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance, vacation, personal and sick time as well as generous parental leave.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic this role is currently operating in a remote capacity and will continue to be fully remote through at least August 2021. However, this position is not a permanent fully remote position and is part of the New York City staff, and may be expected to work from the New York office when it is safe to do so.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
New York Public Radio is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We continuously strive to place our employees at the center of our thinking and elevate inclusive practices to develop and support a more engaged and productive workforce. Our journalism and operations in the service of that journalism benefit from a broad range of perspectives, from all backgrounds, at all levels of the organization. Diversity is essential to honest, authentic, accurate storytelling and reportage; creating an institution in which all voices are encouraged, valued, and heard.
New York Public Radio is an equal opportunity employer committed to achieving the goal of equal employment opportunity for all. Applicants and employees are considered and evaluated for positions without regard to mental or physical disability, race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship status, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, employment status or any protected federal, state or local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.