Account Executive, Agency Partnership
The Sales Account Executive, Agency Partnership will be responsible for both building a roster of established sponsors as well as cultivate client relationships within categories and brands not currently served by New York Public Radio/WNYC Studios.
The ideal candidate will manage designated growth categories including Financial Services, Technology, Consumer Packaged Goods, Education and Automotive, the candidate will have the ability to identify emerging trends and opportunities with a sense of competitive foresight.
This role also requires the ability to make comprehensive, marketing recommendations leveraging NYPR’s integrated portfolio of broadcast and digital products. To navigate these objectives, the applicant should have a strong understanding of media and digital space as well as a proven track record of success selling media.
Radio experience, particularly national network sales is a definite plus, digital experience is mandatory. Beyond this, candidates must have the relationship infrastructure and abilities to initiate senior level relationships at both leading advertising agencies as well as multiple, branding based, Fortune 500 level marketers.
- Meet or exceed quarterly and annual revenue goals
- Drive new business by prospecting new clients and agencies with relentless focus on closing business
- Set media sales strategies and customized sponsorship opportunities
- Win big deals (agency and client direct) and attract repeat business
- Successfully negotiate advertising sales commitments, both for new and renewal accounts consistent with the company’s business objectives.
- Respond to and close RFPs with a sense of urgency.
- Work with marketing and site/product specific sales leads, and post-campaign sales support leads to create effective and compelling sales materials, presentations and client follow-up documents.
- Monitor, forecast, track and report sales performance.
- 5-7 years of direct media sales experience (B2C, Consumer, Online and/or B2B), with a minimum of 3 years of successful online advertising sales experience.
- Comfortable and proficient with initiating senior level, "C-Suite", client based relationships.
- Ability to articulate New York Public Radio's unique sales proposition and audience strengths
- Experience working with a diverse roster of clients across multiple platforms and a track record of outstanding sales performance.
- Can handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Strong contacts at key agencies both within and outside the New York market.
- Ability to create, present and implement innovative advertising sales programs.
- Exceptional selling, presentation, negotiation and closing skills
- Ability to travel regularly to key markets including West Coast, Southeast, Midwest and New England