Sr. Project Manager - Civic and Commercial Studio
NBBJ is guided by a vision to design for life. We are an award-winning global design and architecture firm, a creative company fueled by ideas, and a place where everyone is empowered to contribute to creating a better practice. Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative architecture firms by Fast Company, we have partnered with some of the world’s leading companies and institutions—Google, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Stanford University and Massachusetts General Hospital, among many others—to set new standards for performance, organizational culture, health and wellness, and technology- and data-driven design.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to join NBBJ Seattle in Senior Project Manager role in our Civic and Commercial Studio.
Your New Role:
- Lead user group meetings, contract negotiation, and facilitate the design process from programming and planning through CA
- Manage design teams on a project – plan, organize, and supervise the work of a design staff of approximately 5 to 10+ individuals
- Work with Project Architect to ensure accuracy and applicability of documents for entire project(s)
- Build and maintain day-to-day working relationships with clients and consultants
- Lead decision making process with fiscal accountability and responsibility
- Assist with proposal preparation and participate in client presentations/interviews
- Correspondence, reports, documentation, and general administration for the overall projects
- Responsible for execution of project within the boundaries of the design intent
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of architectural principals for all aspects of the projects
- Negotiate and draft/write contracts
- Assist with business development and collaborate with other studios, as needed
- Solve problems creatively with consultants
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience in Architecture
- Strong background in the management of large scale projects with construction budgets over one hundred million dollars
- Bachelor of Architecture degree; Master of Architecture preferred
- Architectural licensure desired; LEED Accreditation a plus
- Familiarity with current LEAN processes, IPD, and BIM coordination
- Desire to work on projects of varying sizes and complexities
- Must have a proven track record as a Project Manager on large scale projects from Pre-design through Construction Administration, including contract negotiation, work plan development and the ability to work with a variety of project delivery methodologies
- Excellent leadership, verbal and communication skills, and effective client relationship skills and talent for leading and working with diverse teams
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Sketchup, Rhino or 3DS Max desired
- Proactive approach to communication and problem solving
- Ability to lead and manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and to contribute where needed to support project teams
- Ability to work in a collaborative, open environment
- Ability to travel as the projects require
Please visit our Career Center to apply on-line: http://www.nbbj.com/careers/
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.