Market Leader, Corporate Workplace Practice
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, led by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
This role at a glance:
NBBJ Market Leaders are client facing experts and thought leaders who are excellent at building relationships and creating momentum in the market. This role is responsible for generating leads, identify strategic lanes of growth, securing innovative design opportunities, and plays an important leadership role on projects. You will inspire teams to deliver meaningful client experiences and build a marketing minded culture. As a Market Leader, you will lead impactful sales and demand strategies by partnering with design teams and regional marketing staff.
In your new role, you will:
- Expand NBBJ’s presence on the East coast through increased client engagement and activity, focusing on the Corporate sector
- Be a trusted advisor to clients, a team member on projects, and a role model and a mentor for all staff
- Establish and refine the strategies that drive demand, build strong client relationships, and successfully position NBBJ at the point of sale
- Be part of a fully integrated design studio
- Provide thought leadership content that strengthens NBBJ’s value proposition and point-of-view
- Generate a strong pipeline of leads and point of sale opportunities
- Ensure business resiliency through strategic service offerings, cross-practice strategies and upstream relationship building
- Advance NY Corporate practice’s reputation through conference presentations, journal articles, and social media communications
- Ability to build new business and lead successful corporate workplace projects
- Create strong market positioning through client relevancy and demand strategies while building a client centric idea driven culture
- A great communicator and storyteller with an engaging and energetic personality
- Strong relationships and connections with clients and real estate professionals in New York City
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and collaborative environment and capable of bringing together a diverse team of leaders, unifying marketing objectives and go-to-market strengths
- 15+ years of experience in the design profession with a focus in Corporate interiors and architecture
- Licensure or equivalent professional certification encouraged
- LEED / WELL AP accreditation encouraged
To learn more about our value please visit our page.
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
We are a collective of thinkers, makers and dreamers working to create positive impact through design. But we’re more than that—we’re also a firm made up of individuals, each with unique talents, ideas and contributions. This blend of togetherness and individuality makes us who we are. It’s also the basis for our values, which guide how we show up for each other and our clients:
• Stand for Optimism
We are united behind a calling to design a better future for our clients, society and planet.
• Lead with Curiosity
We never stop asking “what if?” and “why?”
• Commit to Sustainability
We wield extraordinary power—and have an obligation—to initiate environmental change.
• Design for All
We have a responsibility—through our process and work—to design with and for all.
• Own the Outcome
We are entrepreneurs of our destiny, focused on the success of each other and our clients.
• Grow our Legacy
We are part of a story bigger than ourselves.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.