Tech Services - Service Desk - Technician
TECH SERVICES – SERVICE DESK - TECHNICIAN
NBBJ is seeking an experienced Technician to join our talented Digital Tech Services team. In addition to appropriate technical skills our ideal candidate is highly collaborative, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, and has a successful track record of providing high quality customer service. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide exceptional IT support to internal and external customers, across geographic locations ensuring an overall high level of customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- Ensure service levels for customers are met, identify opportunities for improvements and implement after review and planning
- Test, configure, install, and manage and repair of all IT related equipment (Hardware and Software)
- Use Manage Engine Helpdesk system to create and update incident records
- Respond to all calls and requests within the agreed service level agreements (SLA), and wherever possible exceed agreed SLA’s
- Must be able to participate in rotating, off-hours support schedule
- Provide user training of NBBJ approved applications and services through direct one on one engagements and office workshops
- Ensure internal customers are kept up to date regarding the status of any outstanding issues they have opened with the IT service desk or any other NBBJ IT team members
- Escalate problems to the relevant expert group, as per service level agreements
- Communicate status of problems to customers, as per service level agreements
- Follow high severity notification procedures for all severity 1 and 2 problems
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Set up video meetings for customers (Teams / Zoom) and assist with in-person meeting set ups
- Provide on-site support outside of normal working hours as required
- Willing and able to support multiple end-user platforms: Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Microsoft Office 365
What you will need to Succeed:
- Previous IT experience in midsized to global enterprises
- Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT Support
- Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work & keep stakeholders informed
- Previous customer service experience desirable
Additional Accomplishments and Skills that will make you Successful:
- Strong verbal & written communication skills combined with 1st class organizational skills
- Prefer candidates with 3+ years of experience
- Proven customer service experience necessary
- Industry certification (examples include: A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to form effective relationships with remote team members
- Basic knowledge of common network devices: routers, switches, and access points
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory user administration (reset passwords, disable accounts, add users to groups)
- Proven capability of troubleshooting / problem solving in a technical environment
- Strong Video Conference and Presentation Support Skills
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.