Tech Services - Service Desk, Senior Technician
NBBJ is a design and architecture firm, fueled by ideas and a culture of collaboration. With offices around the globe, the diverse perspectives of your future colleagues and clients will inspire and challenge you to be extraordinary. Innovation and creativity are at the heart of our work: creating spaces and experiences that better connect people to each other as they live, learn, and work in their communities. We partner with pioneers like Amazon, The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, and Massachusetts General Hospital as we create solutions for tomorrow guided by our vision: we design for life. Are you interested in designing what’s next? Join us.
In your new role you will:
- Provide exceptional IT support to internal and external customers, across geographic locations ensuring an overall high level of customer satisfaction on an ongoing basis
- Take ownership of more complex issues and drive for resolution/completion; investigate the root cause and implement improvements to reduce future occurrences.
- Manage technical escalation of issues within the team, with other Digital specialties and with external vendors.
- Ensure service levels for customers are met, identify opportunities for improvements and implement after review and planning
- Test, configure, install, and manage and repair of all IT related equipment (Hardware and Software)
- Use Manage Engine Helpdesk system to create and update incident records
- Respond to all calls and requests within the agreed service level agreements (SLA), and wherever possible exceed agreed SLA’s
- Must be able to participate in rotating, off-hours support schedule
- Provide on-site support outside of normal working hours as required
- Provide user training of NBBJ approved applications and services through direct one on one engagements and office workshops
- Ensure internal customers are kept up to date regarding the status of any outstanding issues they have opened with the IT service desk or any other NBBJ IT team members
- Deliver technology user training through direct one on one engagements and office workshops.
- Communicate status of problems to customers, as per service level agreements
- Follow high severity notification procedures for all severity 1 and 2 problems
- Perform preventative maintenance to ensure all equipment is maintained to a high standard
- Set up video meetings for customers (Teams / Zoom) and assist with in-person meeting set ups
- Willing and able to support multiple end-user platforms: Windows 10, macOS, iOS, Android, Microsoft Office 365
What you will need to Succeed:
- Previous IT experience in midsized to global enterprises
- Strong experience in providing 1st/2nd line IT Support
- Experience as an escalation point for complex technology issues
- Self-Motivated and able to work on own initiative
- Able to manage competing demands, prioritize work & keep stakeholders informed
Additional Accomplishments and Skills that will make you Successful:
- Strong verbal & written communication skills combined with 1st class organizational skills
- Prefer candidates with 5+ years of experience
- Proven customer service experience necessary
- Industry certification (examples include: A+, Network+, Security+, CCENT)
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to form effective relationships with remote team members
- Intermediate knowledge of common network devices: routers, switches, and access points
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory user and policy administration
- Previous experience with SCCM / MECM
- Proven capability of troubleshooting / problem solving in a technical environment
- Strong video conference and presentation support skills
Why choose NBBJ?
We believe that all NBBJ employees should love their work. This means not only loving what you do but having pride in your workplace. We strive to be that irresistible place to work by enhancing your employee experience with customized programs and comprehensive benefits. In addition to 100% covered employee healthcare costs and 401k contributions, we offer unique professional development opportunities, volunteer opportunities and access to leading technology and resources to further help you love your work and advance your career.
• NBBJ has been named three times by Fast Company as one of the most innovative architecture firms.
• Founded in 1943, our first office opened over 75 years ago in Seattle, Washington. We now have over 10 office locations around the globe.
• We are a transdisciplinary, cross-practice focused firm with a deep portfolio of Civic & Cultural, Commercial, Corporate, Healthcare, Higher Education, Science and Technology, Sports, and Urban Environment projects. We also have several areas of service expertise including: Architecture, Environmental Graphic Design, Interior Design, Lighting Design, Workplace Consulting and more.
• In the past decade, NBBJ has received more than 300 awards from leading global, national and regional award programs across the business, real estate and design communities.
• We work with 5 of the top global high-tech companies, 14 of the U.S. News and World Report Top Hospitals, and 4 of the top 10 highest-ranked learning institutions.
• Our clients include institutional leaders such as Cambridge University, Google, Samsung, Cleveland Clinic, Tencent, and Stanford University.
More than words on a page, our values sustain our culture, drive our actions, and impact every level of our practice. In our work, we never settle for the status quo and always strive to live by our values in service to our clients' organizations, our profession, our society and ourselves.
• We exist to create enduring value for our clients and society.
• We fulfill our legacy through brilliant design, steward leadership, and enabling rewarding careers.
• We know that our people are the lifeblood of our firm — and essential to our humanistic heart and soul.
• We embrace the power of teams and collaboration to unleash breakthrough creativity.
• We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion through listening, learning, and humility.
• We are a leadership intensive and role based firm.
• We prize innovation, never stop learning, and seek to share what we know.
• We are dedicated to the realization of resilient and sustainable outcomes.
• We all share in the realization of our “design, people, business” triple bottom line.
We deliver design excellence — and we design for life.
NBBJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F Disabled and Vet EEO/AA Employer.
NBBJ does not accept unsolicited resumes or similar submissions from third party recruiters or employment agencies. Any unsolicited materials received by NBBJ from a source other than an individual candidate will be considered NBBJ property and NBBJ reserves the right to pursue and hire candidates referred to us without any financial obligation to the third party in question. If you are interested in becoming an approved NBBJ external recruiter, please contact a member of the NBBJ Talent Acquisition Team.