Creative Director - Ezra
Job Role: Creative Director
Location: London, UK
Who we are
Imagine what even the world’s finest organizations could achieve if all their employees were coached
to be their absolute best. At Ezra, we’re on a mission to do just that. We believe through coaching; people get to know themselves. Their goals. Weaknesses. Hang-ups. And once they know all that, they can build on the good stuff and work on the rest.
This mindset applies not only to our clients but is manifested in our own Ezra family. We believe we are changing people’s lives. We believe a happy team is a productive team. We want our people to care and be proud of what they do. We also practice what we preach – every member of our team gets to experience the superpower that is coaching for themselves, among some other pretty incredible perks.
Ezra is the fastest growing global coaching company, supporting some of the world’s leading companies. If all of this resonates, Ezra just might be the place for you.
Ezra exists to help make the superpower of coaching more accessible to individuals within each client organization we work with. A key success factor for Ezra is powerful a strong and relatable brand, which represents our values in the market. This is where you come in.
The Creative Director role at EZRA will be hands on and iterative; building creative with the same passion embodied in our coaching services. You will manage a team of Graphic Designers, Copywriters, Photographers bringing to life great ideas.
In this full-time position, where you will partner with the rest of the marketing team to ensure we elevate our brand across all touchpoints. You will be supported by a mix of in-house and agency creatives.
Here is what you’ll do:
Be a mentor
- Leading with inspiration and empathy
- Making bold decisions that drive clarity within the team
- Support team professionally and set an example of design standards and industry best practices.
- Manage a team of between 2-4 designers, videographer, and copywriter to help you fulfil your vision.
- Clearly articulate ideas and communicate visual style and conceptual direction. Provide reasoning behind design decisions. Prepare thoughtful critiques and constructive feedback as necessary.
- Maintain proficiency in all aspects of production to be able to see projects through completion from start to finish.
- Stay current on interactive, design trends and emerging technologies with a hunger to innovate. Share and present knowledge with team.
- Eliminating roadblocks from the creative process focusing on efficiencies
- Identify and suggest solutions for resolving technical, creative and workload issues.
- Working collaboratively within the Brand Leadership team and cross-functionally within the company to bring the brand identity to life
- Review the team’s work providing guidance and support to ensure that the design work meets expectations on quality.
- Ensure that work meets deadlines and budget allocation.
Be a brand boss
- Develop smart and strategic creative that is on-brand and response-oriented.
- Apply and uphold brand identity systems on new and existing projects for numerous clients.
- Execute designs and develop interactive concepts/projects based on wireframes, copy decks, and supplied direction with minimum oversight.
- Identify the ever evolving “what’s next” and how to get there, inspire your team and others to continually raise the creative bar while understanding the future of the industry
- Identify the right partnerships for specific projects and manage agencies relationships through execution
- Design and deliver compelling and persuasive materials
- Evolving and iterating brand guidelines ensuring they are current, on-brand, on-trend and tone appropriate
Be an effective collaborator/communicator
- Ability to present to stakeholders and sell through creative concepts/ideas, including to team members or senior leadership teams
- Collaborate internally across multiple teams and account team to manage and produce deliverables that meet client needs and expectations.
- Actively participate in team meetings (presenting work, receiving feedback on projects, and communicating that feedback internally)
- Work closely with marketing team to ensure alignment on the creative vision and approach for each project
- You must be digital through and through, and understand the full channel mix
- Able to work and communicate with senior level stakeholders both internally and externally
- Work in cross cultural environments with an ability to operate on their own, as part of a team and globally
- Flexible hours may be required to manage projects across regions / time zones
- You have 8+ years’ experience in a creative leadership role and related post-secondary education
- You have extensive knowledge of Adobe creative suite and associated design tools
- You have a strong depth of experience in creative direction, photography, film, graphic design, architecture, and digital UX
- You set a clear vision, align your team around common objectives, and foster commitment to deliver
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with all levels of stakeholders
- You have excellent organization and prioritization skills with the ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- You are an inspiring leader, and know how to keep your team focused and stoked, while supporting with eliminating barriers and seeking clarity
- You have strong facilitation, diplomacy, and leadership skills
- You are proactive in identifying the root cause of issues and developing solutions
- You remain highly flexible and adaptable when faced with ambiguity
- You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration
- You inspire breakthrough thinking and continuous improvement
- You seek the best (but sometimes not the easiest) solutions, with an unwavering commitment
- Comfortable working with a lot of different marketing tools/software e.g., Beepro, Pardot, Contentful etc
- Entrepreneurial mindset, willing to continuously bring new ideas on technology and trends
- Excellent in working across teams, collaborative and building relationships
What we offer
- Your own world class coach
- Regular team social events
- Flexible working hours
- Contribution to a wellbeing app (think meditation, fitness, sleep!)
- A weekly wellbeing hour and much more!
- Competitive benefit package
We are an equal opportunity employer dedicated to having a thriving, diverse team where everyone has a voice and feels able to be themselves. We believe that through valuing our uniqueness and respecting our differences, we can achieve more, and that diversity adds to our culture. Attracting and developing a diverse workforce that reflects the communities in which we serve is essential to us.