Assistant Store Manager - Retail/Commercial Store
Reporting to the Store Manager, Kal Tire is hiring a versatile Assistant Store Manager in Terrace, BC. You will be responsible for assisting the store manager in the day-to-day management of the store. You will influence and mentor others to fit into a strong cultured team at this location. As a front-line leader, you play a variety of roles in the store, from sales and service expert to mentor team members and plan/execute.
You will be process-driven, develop teams, demonstrate visible leadership skills and bring an entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional drive and dedication to ensure Kal Tire's location is running in an efficient, profitable, and safe environment for team members, customers, and guests.
- Full-Time Permanent
- Monday to Saturday
What do we offer?
- The target salary range for this position is $60,000 to $65,000 per year based on experience.
- Dental, vision, prescription, massage therapy, EAP benefits and more.
- Profit Sharing program, RRSP matching, Paid vacation.
- We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in manufacturing equipment, allowing all our team members to gain the latest skills in today’s market.
- A perks program that offers employee discounts on tires, services and more.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business for almost 70 years. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You’re interested in the automotive industry and like working within a high-energy, fast-paced team environment.
- You’ve got at least 3 years of experience in managerial/ supervisory roles (preferred)
- Drives customer engagement by coaching the team to greet and proactively communicate with customers to improve their experience.
- Works collaboratively with Store Manager to implement strategies and plans and ensure supporting activities are completed to deliver expected outcomes
- You’ve had exposure to managing profit and loss statements.
- You have proven sales abilities, preferably in a counter sales environment.
- You have demonstrated an understanding and working knowledge of budget and inventory management.
- Assist the Store Manager with hiring, training, and preparing for seasonal needs.
- Having a positive attitude and being prepared to go through the Assistant Store Manager's certification process.
- Assists with managing Kal Tire assets and cash flow in accordance with company standards and expectations
- You can operate with confidence and sound judgment under pressure and are able to prioritize effectively.
- You’re experienced in recruiting, retaining and developing team members.
- You have a valid driver’s licence.
- You like being active throughout your day and have no problem lifting 30-50 lb tires around as needed.
- You’re always safety conscious, wear required PPE and follow safe work protocols as instructed.
- You have a high school diploma/ GED equivalent and some management training. (preferred)
Our Inclusive Culture
At Kal Tire, we're dedicated to creating a workplace where everyone feels valued, included, and empowered to succeed. We believe in the strength of diverse perspectives and skills. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Upon shortlisting, you will be contacted by a member of our recruiting team and invited to a telephone interview; successful candidates will then have the opportunity to meet and interview with members of our leadership team over MS Teams and/or in person. Additionally, as part of our standard hiring process, prospective Team Members at the Job Offer stage will be requested to undergo a Canadian Criminal Record Check.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.