Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst
The Technical Support Analyst is responsible for supporting Team Member technology solutions for Kal Tire operations. To be successful in this position, the Technical Support Analyst must be passionate about providing exceptional customer service experience. They must also have a strong desire to be constantly challenged and educate themselves on the technology trends for end-user computing and Microsoft Office 365.
Technical Support and System Maintenance
- Support Kal Tire team member technology while providing a positive customer experience, including after-hours coverage when required.
- Provide timely support to all Kal Tire team members, ensuring service levels are maintained, and all requests are properly tracked and responded to.
- Proactively look for ways to improve efficiency and Team Member experience through automation and self-service.
Planning, Development and Project Support
- Work closely with team members from other IS Teams to ensure installations or upgrades of larger technology changes are implemented in a coordinated and efficient manner.
- Create project plans and implement projects that may involve Team Members from other IS Teams.
- Participate in the planning and development of long-term strategies for team member hardware, software, and productivity solutions.
Documentation of Processes and Technical Specifications
- Create and maintain both technical and end-user documentation and training material.
- Adheres to Kal Tire and IS policies and processes.
Leadership and development
- Proactively volunteer for new work and aid other team members who are struggling.
- Proactively research and present new ideas and solutions.
- Assist the Team Lead in coordinating activities for both projects and support operations.
- Coordinate contractors that are brought in to assist with projects or operational support.
- Minimum of three years experience providing technical support in an end-user compute, deskside, or desktop support position and,
- Experience with Windows operating systems, PC hardware, Mobile devices, Voice solutions, Office 365, Meeting room support, and management tools such as Intune and SCCM.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- May require travel to Kal Tire locations
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required
- Valid BC driver’s license
What We Offer
- The target salary range for this position is $60,480 to $68,727 per year based on experience
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group RRSP/DPSP matching program
- Discount on tires and mechanical services
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance.
- Opportunities for professional development, such as training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.