Cyber Security Specialist (remote)
Cyber Security Specialist
Remote in Canada
PST Time Zone Hours
The Cyber Security Specialist plays an integral role in our cybersecurity team. This position is responsible for the creation, deployment, administering, maintenance, and monitoring of security measures to protect the Kal Tire network, applications, and data. This includes identifying and mitigating potential threats, as well as assessing risks, identifying potential security gaps, and recommending solutions to mitigate risks.
- Conduct regular security audits and vulnerability assessments to identify potential vulnerabilities and risks.
- Research and stay up to date on the latest security threats and trends and implement appropriate countermeasures.
- Collaborate with cybersecurity team members and other Information Services (IS) teams to develop and execute security policies, plans and procedures.
- Participate in the updating and testing of Incident Response plans and procedures, IR playbooks, and tabletop exercises.
- Investigate and respond to security incidents and work to prevent future incidents from occurring.
- Coordinate penetration testing and vulnerability scanning activities.
- Participate in the planning and implementation of cyber security activities and apply a risk-based approach in all phases of a project.
- Conduct risk assessments, threat modelling, privacy assessments and information security reviews on projects and all existing technology and systems.
- Identify and solve potential and actual security problems.
- Contribute to the review of internal processes and activities and assist in identifying potential opportunities for improvement.
- Investigate, administer and manage cyber security solutions such as SIEM, PAM, IAM, SSDLC, and XDR.
- Participate in the development of the Cyber Security Awareness program.
- Contribute to cloud security and web application security improvement.
- Identify new technologies and alternative systems to enhance security, reliability, or customer experience.
- 8+ years experience administering, managing, and supporting cybersecurity solutions in a complex enterprise environment.
- 8+ years of hands-on cyber security experience, including administration of penetration testing programs, managing vulnerability assessments, cloud security assessment, network security and SOC/Incident Response.
- 2+ years experience working on Microsoft Azure Sentinel, Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Defender for Cloud
- 1+ years experience working with security tooling (SAST and DAST) and integrating with CI/CD pipelines.
- Broad knowledge of all facets of the cyber security landscape, including best practices, vendor solutions, threat hunting, incident response, web application security, cloud security, endpoint security, network security, security frameworks and policies.
- Strong written and verbal communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing Cyber Security skills.
- Ability and comfort level researching current and emerging issues, including regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
- Experience developing guidelines for implementing security improvements and monitoring of security controls.
- Proven work experience as a Cyber Security Specialist or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field and experience.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CCSP, CCSK, CRISC, SSCP, CEH or other relevant certifications
- Experience with Microsoft Defender and Sentinel would be an asset.
- Experience using scripting languages such as PowerShell and Python would be an asset.
- Some travel will be required.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Ability to effectively work remotely.
What we offer
- The target salary range for this position is $104,709 to $121,755 per year based on experience.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Group RRSP/DPSP matching program
- Discount on tires and mechanical services
- Opportunity to work remotely
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance.
- Opportunities for professional development, such as training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.