Assistant Store Manager
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers’ expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.
Assistant Store Manager - Join our Retail Store Leadership Team!
Due to the consistent growth, Kal Tire is hiring a versatile Assistant Store Manager in Prince George, BC to join our store leadership team. You will have to make an influence and persuade others to fit into a strong cultured team at this store. You will be process-driven, develop teams, and demonstrate visible leadership skills. You will bring an entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional drive and dedication to ensure Kal Tire's location is running in an efficient, profitable, and safe environment for team members, customers, and guests.
Our store manager career development program is designed with your career growth in mind to develop you to run this store. You will go through the comprehensive certification process and get your hands dirty working alongside certified technicians while learning every aspect of operating a successful Kal Tire location. Through hard work, dedication to constant learning, collaboration with peers and an unwavering focus on your ultimate goals, you will grow your best career with us.
Required Skills & Abilities
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in a managerial role within the automotive, or related industry.
• Exposure to managing profit and loss statements in a fast-paced retail environment.
• Outstanding customer service skills with a genuine desire to deliver outstanding customer service experiences, every time.
• Proven sales abilities, preferably in a counter sales or customer-facing environment.
• Demonstrated understanding and working knowledge of budget and inventory management.
• Ability to operate with confidence and sound judgment under pressure; able to prioritize, excels in a fast-paced environment.
• Experienced in recruiting, retaining and developing team members.
• Ability to work in a physically demanding environment involving constant movement and heavy lifting throughout the shift.
• Maintains a strong personal commitment to health and safety.
Qualifications & Special Requirements
• High school diploma; postgraduate diploma/degree, or equivalent experience.
• Willingness to relocate within the region.
• Valid driver’s license.
• Occasional travel.
Kal Tire offers
• An outstanding corporate culture where you become part of the Kal Tire family
• A COMPLETE comprehensive and purposeful training program
• A very competitive salary
• A benefits program including extended health, dental, long-term disability, employee assistance program and life insurance
• A strong and growing brand with over 250 locations servicing both retail and commercial customers across Canada
• Exposure to the newest tools and technology in automotive
• Work hard, play hard mentality - you WILL be rewarded
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Proudly Canadian-owned and operated since 1953
Since the beginning—when we opened our first store in Vernon, BC, in 1953—Kal Tire has been committed to building a strong company as well as strong communities for our team members and customers.
Across Canada and around the world, we support hundreds of local organizations, engage our teams in fundraising and provide funding for the use of recycled rubber products to enhance community facilities.
At Kal Tire, helping to make our communities stronger is just a part of our culture.
We offer a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We value a diverse workforce and commit to providing equal opportunities to all applicants.
Kal Tire welcomes your interest in this Store Manager opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.