Automotive Service Technician Apprentice ( Level 2 or 3 )
Reporting to the Store Manager, the Automotive Service Technician Apprentice will be completing repairs on a wide range of vehicles in a fast-paced retail environment. You will perform front-end brakes, shocks and wheel alignments. If you are a certified automotive apprentice Level 2+ this is a great opportunity to join a growing, safety-focused company with career advancement potential.
What do we offer?
- Competitive wages between $24 to $29/hr based on experience.
- Dental, vision, prescription, massage therapy, EAP benefits and more.
- Profit Sharing program, RRSP matching, Paid vacation.
- We provide a comprehensive, paid training program and access to the latest skills to gain the necessary edge in todays market.
- A perks program that offers employee discounts on tires, services and more.
- Working with a well-established company – Kal Tire is celebrating its 70th year in business, and we’re still growing!
- Advancement opportunities at every level.
What kind of person are we looking for?
- You are skilled at inspections, diagnostics, adjustments, service and repair on a wide variety of vehicles.
- You are a registered Automotive apprentice.
- You have a minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in front end brakes, shocks and wheel alignments.
- You have a valid driver’s licence.
- You like being active throughout your day and have no problem lifting 30-50 lb tires around as needed.
- You’re always safety conscious, wear the required PPE and follow safe work protocols as instructed.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.