Shipper Receiver - Automotive Retail Store
Shipper and Receiver, Whitehorse, YT
The ideal applicant for this role should have a strong commitment to health & safety, enjoy working with a dynamic team in a retail environment and be primarily responsible for shipping and receiving tires/wheels.
- Daily shipping and receiving of tires and wheels.
- You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift. You may be required to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Organizing store's warehouse.
- Prepare inventory for monthly counts.
- Work with retread plants, transport companies and commercial salespeople to ensure our customers receive products and services.
- Forklift experience is an asset (will train successful applicant if required).
- You hold a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Safety is paramount – you contribute and adhere to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace.
- Grade 12 or GED.
- Basic computer skills.
What We Offer
- Competitive wages, with benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
- Profit Sharing – Significant additional income can be obtained through our highly competitive profit-sharing program that recognizes individual and team contributions.
- Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in both the automotive and business sectors, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.