Assistant Store Manager - Whitehorse, YT
Reporting to the Store Manager, Kal Tire is hiring a versatile Assistant Store Manager in Whitehorse, YT. You will be responsible for assisting the store manager in the day-to-day management of the store You will influence and mentor others to fit into a strong cultured team at this location. As a front-line leader, you play a variety of roles in the store, from sales and service expert, to coach, administrator, manager, and more.
You will be process-driven, develop teams, demonstrate visible leadership skills, and bring an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit with exceptional drive and dedication to ensure Kal Tire's location is running in an efficient, profitable, and safe environment for team members, customers, and guests.
- Monday – Saturday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Full Time Permanent / 40 hours per week
- Interested in the automotive industry and like working within a high-energy, fast-paced team environment.
- Assist store manager with operating profit and loss statements.
- Customer service oriented.
- Proven sales abilities, preferably in a counter sales environment.
- Demonstrated an understanding and working knowledge of budget and inventory management.
- Train and develop team members to provide excellent customer service and achieve sales targets.
- Operate with confidence and sound judgment under pressure; able to prioritize and delegate effectively.
- Safety conscious, wear required PPE, and follow safe work protocols as instructed.
- You’ve got at least 1 year of experience in managerial/ supervisory roles (preferred)
- You have a high school diploma/ GED equivalent and some management training. (preferred)
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- You like being active throughout your day and have no problem lifting 30-50 lb tires around as needed.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary between 58k to 70k based on experience
- Dental, vision, prescription, massage therapy, EAP benefits, and more.
- Profit Sharing program, RRSP matching, Paid vacation.
- We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in manufacturing equipment, allowing all our team members to gain the latest skills in today’s market.
- A perks program that offers employee discounts on tires, services, and more.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business for almost 70 years. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.