Commercial Tire Technician
Kal Tire in Ottawa is seeking a Commercial Tire Technician; this role will focus on providing top service to our customers by performing tire service, off-site fleet service, and roadside assistance. As the ideal candidate, you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry, have a passion for people and understand the true value of good customer service.
We will provide an extensive paid training program that includes hands-on experience, product and safety training, and opportunities for advancement.
- Competitive wages
- Benefits including extended health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life insurance and RRSP matching program
- Perks + Discounts on Tires & Services
- Paid Training
- Advancement opportunities towards your own service truck
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform service work on a wide variety of commercial tires and wheels including removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installation, reinstallations, and diagnostics.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety standards and environmental policies.
- Train and advance towards roadside service and your own service truck.
Skills and Experience:
- 1-year tire technician experience would be an asset.
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to problem solve.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced physical environment and comfortable lifting 50lbs at shoulder height.
Education and Special Requirements:
- Automotive pre-employment program or high school shop experience is considered an asset.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable driving and working at night.
Who is Kal Tire?
Solving our customers’ tire challenges; It’s how we roll – and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened our doors in 1953 in his hometown of Vernon, BC.
Our expertise & our make-it-happen approach to service at our over 260 retail locations have made us a trusted partner for consumers, industries, and fleets large and small across Canada.
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA.
Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process.
Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.
Visit the store at 2825 Sheffield Rd, Ottawa, ON or apply online today!