Assistant Store Manager
Assistant Store Manager - Join our Store Leadership Team!
Kal Tire is hiring Assistant Store Managers to join our Central Vancouver Team. In this role, you will learn every aspect of our store operations from budgetary and operational responsibilities to mastering the technical skills of our business. The ideal candidate has a positive attitude, thrives on exceeding customer expectations, and excels working in a team-based, learning environment.
This role is for the Kal Tire store located at 595 Raab St, Hope, BC V0X 1L4
- Full time
- 8am-5pm including some Saturdays
- Sundays and all Holidays off
Kal Tire offers:
- Competitive wages
- Benefits including extended health, dental, vision, employee assistance program, life insurance and RRSP matching program.
- Perks + Discounts on Tires & Services
- Paid Training
- Never work Sundays or Holidays
- Career paths though manager training programs
- Provide excellent customer service and offer a positive impression of the shop.
- Assist with tire change overs as needed.
- Confidently provide product information to customers in a friendly manner
- Provide pricing, recommend services and parts, prepare and present customer quotations.
- Work with inventory and budget management
- Coach and mentor Team Member’s with training and development
Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to deliver excellence in customer service.
- Previous counter sales, phone sales and/or prospecting experience considered an asset.
- Ability to excel in a physical environment that will involve some heavy lifting throughout the shift.
- Capable of managing multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Previous experience working in a safety-first culture.
- Dedicated to creating a culture of career growth that supports an environment meant to guide team members’ learning through hands-on mentoring, training and development.
Education and Special Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory experience, preferably in a customer service or retail industry.
- Valid Driver’s License.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.