Tire, Brake and Alignment Tech - ($19-$21/hr) - Osgoode, ON
Tire Brake and Alignment Tech
If you have a strong desire to be in the automotive industry and enjoy collaborating with a high energy team, we have an opportunity for you!
Our company is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada. We are looking for relentless problem solvers with mechanical aptitude and who are willing to go through the Tire, Brake and Alignment Tech (310E) program. You will be enrolled in the 310E program, and every year course comes with 2 years of commitment per year of schooling. Kal Tire will provide thorough paid training to get you there safely.
Skills & Abilities:
- You are willing to thrive learning about front-end brakes, shocks and wheel alignments.
- You continually strive to provide exceptional customer service and exceed every client’s expectation.
- You have the ability to excel in a physically demanding environment that includes heavy lifting and moving constantly throughout your shift.
- Perform tire removal/installation/repair service safely for all passenger and light truck vehicles. This includes removing wheel assemblies, dismounting tires, balancing, inflating and installing repaired or replacement tires, and reinstalling wheel assemblies according to procedure. This also includes diagnosing injuries, evaluating reparability, and choosing and carrying out proper repair methods.
- Assist and perform mechanical inspections and service including complete understanding and use of work order inspection procedures and tools, basic understanding and use of alignment machine, flush machines, oil lube and filter service.
- Contribute to a safe and environmentally responsible workplace by following all safety and environmental policies and rules and by taking an active approach to accident prevention and environmental protection.
- Contribute to an upbeat atmosphere in the workplace by supporting and providing assistance to other team members.
- You have excellent communication skills, a mechanical aptitude and detail oriented.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Grade 12 or GED is required.
- Competitive wages between $19 to $21/hr based on experience, with extended group health benefits, while gaining fundamental business knowledge.
- Working with a Well-Established Company – Kal Tire has been in business since 1953 and currently has over 250 store locations across Canada. Continued expansion plans lead to career advancement opportunities.
- Incentive Program – Additional income may be obtained through our Incentive Program which recognizes performance output.
- Technology – We grant everyone access to the newest tools and technology in manufacturing equipment, allowing all of our team members to gain the newest skills in today’s market.
Who is Kal Tire?
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll. It’s been that way since Tom Foord opened our doors in 1953 in his hometown of Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada; They rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast.
If you’re interested in this role or would like to explore our other currently available opportunities across Canada, visit our career site at: www.kaltire.com/careers for more information and be sure to follow us on our social media channels!
Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices, in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.