Network Administrator (remote within Canada)
The Network Administrator is responsible for design and development of secure Network system solutions. This position is expected to work on projects, which may include evolving existing systems or implementing new technology. This position is also responsible for performing analytical, technical and support work in the planning, implementation; documentation and administration of all Networking systems.
The Kal Tire network is a critical technology that connects our global operations and Team Members while ensuring cyber security, reliability, and performance standards are maintained. The network is built using design principles from Zero Trust security model and CIS hardening guidelines and modern technology such as NGFW and SD-WAN.
- Documentation and administration of all Network Infrastructure.
- Serves as a technical troubleshooter and coordinator on complex network issues affecting mission critical applications.
- Ensures that documentation of Network topology and configurations are maintained.
- Author detailed system design documents.
- Propose and submit solution recommendations, including costs, benefits, risks and ROI.
Troubleshooting & Maintenance
- Oversees and performs network maintenance duties.
- Ensures network is fully optimized for application performance and high availability.
- Proactively identify ongoing cost optimization, performance enhancement, and growth strategies.
- Works closely with Cyber Security Architect and Technical Solutions Architect to research, design and implement security solutions, including working with managed services.
- Defines Network segmentation, security zones and access control policies.
Network Growth & Planning
- Performs research and analysis for potential technology solutions to business needs.
- Seeks opportunities to automate or streamline manual tasks.
- Delivers emerging technology presentations.
- Stays up-to-date with technical and industry developments.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists others in the performance of their duties as required.
- Adheres to the established processes and procedures within the IS Department.
- Establishes and maintains close working relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Prepares and delivers informative, well-organized presentations and communications.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Plans, schedules and coordinates Network Administration activities.
- Leads medium to large Network Infrastructure lifecycle upgrade projects.
- Plans, schedule and coordinate the tasks of others.
- Three or more years’ experience working as an Network Administrator for a medium to large enterprise with complex technology environments.
- Three or more years’ of progressive experience in a Network Administrator role with knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching devices, Cisco Wireless Access Points and Controllers, Palo Alto Firewall Appliances, Load Balancers, VOIP Telephony, Hybrid Cloud Connectivity, Microsoft Azure, SD-WAN, Network performance and monitoring tools.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Cisco Routing and Switching devices, Cisco/Meraki Wireless Access Points and Controllers, Palo Alto Firewall Appliances, Load Balancers, VOIP Telephony, Video Conferencing, Hybrid Connectivity, Microsoft Azure, SD-WAN, Network performance and monitoring tools.
- Post-secondary graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate in computer science or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Evening and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Ability to participate in on-call after hours support rotation.
This position is based out of our Vernon office with a possibility to work remotely.
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.