Manager, Human Resources
Manager, Human Resources
Reporting to the Director, HR, the Manager, Human Resources is a trusted HR professional, who leads a team of Human Resources Business Partners (HRBPs) and Advisors. They partner with various divisional / regional leadership levels to deliver the Kal Tire team member & customer experience through proactive, impactful & practical HR advice and service. Reporting to the Working closely with the business and fellow HR Shared Services Team members, they deliver on scalable solutions as part of the HR Strategy and Plan to support the strategic objectives of their assigned division and Kal Tire as a company.
- Oversees all Human Resources related work within a specific division of the business (e.g., Stores, Mining Tire Group, Retread, Warehouse, Transportation, Sales and/or Vernon Office)
- Provides leadership, mentorship and coaching to a team of HR Business Partners and HR Advisors
- Develops a deep knowledge of Kal Tire’s business to more effectively support business leaders
- Liaises with other departments within the organization to ensure all team members receive support on HR related matters as applicable
- Ensures compliance and provides guidance related to regulatory requirements
- Actively collaborates with other managers and team members within the HR Shared Services group on various initiatives and activities
- Enables and guides the HRBPs to support the short and long-term business needs of their division of the business; provide generalist HR advice to the leadership team that aligns with operational business requirements
- Provides guidance and assistance to divisional / regional leadership and team members on a wide range of human resources areas including: team member relations, conflict resolution, performance, development and compensation management, investigations, change management and team effectiveness, mobility, promotions, sick leave and return-to-work management, layoff, termination, and HR policies and programs
- Works closely with the talent acquisition team and hiring managers to ensure all aspects of the recruitment and selection process is supported (jointly review project staffing plans, reassignment, and team member availability lists etc.)
- Partners with business leaders and HR team members to find opportunities for continuous improvement
- Supports HRBPs with delivery of annual people programs, including but not limited to, compensation review, performance and talent reviews, team member engagement and action planning process, etc.
- Helps build and establish HR policies, processes, and practices to assist the business
- Responsible for case management of sensitive or complex issues such as harassment, respect in the workplace or disciplinary investigations and employee terminations, while aligning to compliance requirements
- Serves as Project Manager on assigned projects; effectively manage resources (people, budget and time) to achieve deadlines while delivering high-quality programs
- Analyzes trends and metrics to assist in the development of solutions and/or programs
- Works with all key stakeholders in aspects of disability management which includes graduated return to work programs and/or accommodations
- Communicates, facilitates, and/or presents HR programs and initiatives to various divisional and regional leadership levels and team members.
- Leads the integration of new team members through acquisitions and ensures alignment to the AIMS
- 7+ or more years of working with complex organizations and professional-level Human Resource generalist experience
- 2 years’ experience leading a team. Experience liaising with legal counsel related to employee relations and labour relations issues
- HR leadership experience working with operations in retail or industrial, manufacturing and corporate environments
- Proven experience working and collaborating with senior business leaders in a consultative capacity, demonstrative strong analytical capabilities.
- Experience working within a unionized environment is an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven and demonstrated ability to lead and grow Human Resource Professionals
- Demonstrated skill in coaching, counseling, and advising managers and team members on HR matters
- Knowledge of Provincial labour legislation, employment law and human rights legislation
- Understanding of development and implementation of HR policies and procedures
- Ability to meet deadlines and accommodate competing demands
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion
- Knowledge of current best practices in Human Resources administration, salary trends related to retail, manufacturing, and industrial industries
- Demonstrated experience in advancing or improving performance development processes
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and translate to meaningful action
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability to design and conduct training sessions
- Bachelor’s degree or an HR diploma/certificate combined with progressively senior HR experience in a HRBP or Advisory role
- CPHR designation an asset
- Occasional travel up to 15%.
About Kal Tire
Kal Tire is the largest independently owned tire dealer in Canada with over 250 locations. Our business philosophy centers on exceeding our customers' expectations and relies on our entrepreneurial team members to provide exceptional customer service.