Automotive Apprentice - Level 2
Are you a driven 1st or 2nd-year Automotive Apprentice seeking an opportunity to elevate your skills? Join our expanding team as we drive forward in Peterborough, ON. Immerse yourself in an environment dedicated to your growth and development.
As a 1st or 2nd-year Automotive Apprentice, your role will involve:
- Conducting comprehensive automotive maintenance across a diverse range of vehicles.
- Applying a meticulous and patient approach, demonstrating a keen eye for detail.
- Upholding a safety-first mindset, consistently adhering to PPE and safety protocols.
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Enrollment in and active pursuit of level 1 or 2 of apprenticeship training.
- Physical stamina, with the ability to comfortably lift up to 50lbs at shoulder height.
- A commitment to safety, valuing the use of required PPE and adherence to safety guidelines.
- A valid Driver’s License.
What We Offer
In return for your dedication and expertise, we provide:
- Full-time position with 40 hours/week, providing stability and consistency.
- Competitive hourly wage ranging from based on experience.
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits for your well-being.
- Access to an Employee Assistance Program for holistic support.
- Participation in a defined contribution pension plan, coupled with a group RRSP/DPSP matching initiative.
- Exclusive discounts on tires and mechanical services.
- A positive and inclusive work culture, emphasizing growth, work-life balance, and well-being.
- Ample opportunities for professional advancement, including enriching training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement.
- Involvement in diverse projects, collaborating within a multidisciplinary team.
Embark on a Journey of Skill Enhancement and Professional Growth with Us!
Join our vibrant team, where your passion for automotive excellence meets limitless opportunities. Apply now and drive your career forward.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.