Inside Sales Representative, Regional Accounts - Remote
Inside Sales Representative, Regional Accounts
- The Inside Sales, Regional Accounts (ISRA) role is responsible for ensuring consistent, profitable growth in sales revenues through new customer acquisition and customer management of mid-sized customers in the assigned region. This includes the acquisition of new customers, allocation of customers to the right sales service team and ensuring the year over year growth in accounts.
- The ISRA hunts for new business and evaluates the customer need for service and products in a growing sales portfolio of 500-1000 customers. Will need to operate with high efficiency via remote selling as the majority of selling will be done over the phone and internet.
- Success in the role will depend on successful collaboration and alignment with the various stakeholders at the commercial service and store locations in the region. Must ensure that Kal Tire’s internal teams understand the customer’s needs, are living up to client commitments, delivering ongoing value and behaving in ways that align with the Kal Tire AIMS.
Development and Maintenance of Regional Accounts
- Manages Kal Tire’s relationships with medium commercial customers and ultimately ensures profitable growth, exceptional service, competitive differentiation and vertically integrated relationships.
- Acts as the overall “relationship manager” within medium accounts. Ensures we meet the expectations; we deliver ongoing value and we communicate the benefits of partnering with Kal Tire.
- Using a variety of sales tools available at Kal Tire, analyzes account issues and designs programs to address client’s needs.
- Tracks program results; reports back on success to the clients; proactively deals with issues.
- Prepares and analyzes reports indicating how Kal Tire is helping clients to be more efficient; ensures reports are provided in a timely manner.
- Exploits all business opportunities by utilizing all products and services to maximize penetration.
- Along with the credit department, handles billing inquiries and ensures billing is accurate.
- Communicates to stores on an ongoing basis about issues related to key accounts (customer needs, billing, consistent service standards across various locations etc).
- Maintains awareness of competitors’ sales activities within accounts and develop strategies to maximize sales and overcome threats.
- Stay on top of client’s growth plans and market trends; ensures Kal Tire is responding to client’s changing needs and changing market conditions.
- Assist in the development of lead generation process and customer sales service levels within the region assisting the RSM in assessment and evaluation of all leads identified.
- Provide quotes for products and service that meet the client needs.
- Continuously prospects for new business and accounts utilizing the leads identified in the region.
- Proposes Kal Tire’s services to new customers based on the criteria of each sales service standard.
- Ensures a clear standard of sales service offered and the features and benefits offered to our customers.
- Create prospecting lists for each store to support sales plans and execute the related sales activities.
- Shares information related to market trends, supplier activities.
- Prepares and sends monthly reports to Senior Vice President Sales, local Senior Zone Manager, and Director of Stores.
- Establishes and maintains positive and effective relationships with suppliers.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships with Store Managers, Retread Managers, Salespeople, Business Development Managers, Zone Managers and Senior Zone Managers to ensure customer requirements are met.Participates in making joint sales calls when required.
- Communicates with sales administration team, stores and other team members about how to accurate invoice customers; ensures that price lists, mandatories and all customer information requirements are current.
- At least 5 years’ experience working at Kal Tire in a commercial sales role, or at least 5 years account management or sales management in related industry.
- Proven track record with inside sales management and customer analysis
- Demonstrated ability in sales management and coaching
- Experience with business analysis, and customer reporting.
- Proven record / knowledge of consultative selling process.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with corporate departments, key business partners, and customers.
- Ability to create and edit sales materials and presentations.
- Ability to coordinate and organize meetings, exhibits, and other events.
- Post graduate diploma or degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Preferred experience in commercial automotive industry.
- Additional language would be ideal.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel within Canada and to US.
What we offer
- Competitive compensation package (the target compensation for this role is between $43,900-$54,900 + up to $20k variable pay based on performance)
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Defined contribution pension plan and a group RRSP/DPSP matching program
- Discount on tires and mechanical services
- Flexible hybrid work policy/ Opportunity to work remotely
- Positive work culture, opportunities for growth and development, and work-life balance.
- Opportunities for professional development, such as training programs, mentorship, and tuition reimbursement.
Solving our customers’ automotive challenges and making a positive impact - It’s how we roll, and it’s been that way since Tom Foord opened the doors to Kal Tire in 1953 in beautiful Vernon, BC. Over the years, we’ve become a trusted partner for large and small industries and fleets across Canada. Our customers rely on our expertise, our make-it-happen approach to service, and our lineup of the most trusted tire brands in over 260 retail locations coast to coast. Kal Tire is also the largest truck re-treader in Canada, with 11 retread facilities across Canada and internationally, and has a state-of-the-art tire recycling facility in Chile, where 40% of the weight of scrap tires is recycled to return to mines as an alternative fuel. In addition, Kal Tire’s Mining Tire Group is an international leader in mining tire service and supply, servicing more than 150 mine sites across five continents. Kal Tire offers a culture that fosters inclusion and respect. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices in compliance with the AODA and AMA. Accommodation requests can be made at any stage of the recruitment or employment process. Applicants are asked to make their needs/requirements known.