COMMERCIAL SALES MANAGER
Purpose and Scope/General Summary: Manages activities related to sales generated from a specific plant. Responsible for the revenue generation in plant sales and key accounts within a geographic area or market.
- Ensures all production has a sale associated with it and manages excess sales.
- Work with plant sales representative to sell excess product.
- Coordinate with senior sales management on long term sales strategy, mix, and execution.
- Maintain knowledge of the markets operated in along with a deep understanding of market trends.
- Provides day-to-day supervision of activities including production planning and execution based upon sales mix.
- Directs the flow of information for sale activities and transactions (leads, billings, orders, contracts) and evaluates data to ensure area goals are met.
- Ensures sale objectives are met within company strategies. Maintains coordination with integral company functions, including transportation, plant operations, live production, and accounting.
- Identifies unprofitable processes and products through gap analysis and implements actionable plans for correction.
- Acts as liaison between plant sales and other departments
- Prepares regular sales reports.
- Meets with key clients, maintains relationships, negotiates, and closes deals.
- Will be required to travel to all customers at least twice per year, as well as two plant visits.
- Other duties as assigned
- Poultry sales experience preferred
- Experience with MS Office Suite
- Good oral and written communication skills
- As a salaried position with the company, you may be required to travel at some point to other facilities, to attend Company events, or as a representative of the Company in other situations. Unless otherwise specified in this posting, the amount of travel may vary and the most qualified candidate must be willing and able to travel as business needs dictate.
The Company is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our team members and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct a drug, alcohol, and background checks for all new team members post-offer and prior to the start of employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.
About us: Pilgrim’s is the second largest chicken producer in the world, with operations in the U.S., Puerto Rico, Mexico and the U.K. Pilgrim’s processes, prepares, packages and delivers fresh, further-processed and value-added poultry products for sale to customers in more than 100 countries, employs more than 50,000 people and contracts with more than 5,200 family farmers. Pilgrim’s is headquartered in beautiful Greeley, Colorado, at the JBS USA corporate office where our 1,200 employees enjoy more than 300 days of sunshine a year.
Our mission: To be the best in all that we do, completely focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services to our customers, a relationship of trust with our suppliers, profitability for our shareholders and the opportunity of a better future for all of our team members.
Our core values are: Availability, Determination, Discipline, Humility, Ownership, Simplicity, Sincerity